Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Definition of the term: Clutter (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/definition-term-clutter-t290220.html)

lots2do 08-06-2017 07:04 AM

Definition of the term: Clutter

Hello, fellow quilters,
As I have been trying to pare down and de-clutter, I've been reminded of something I read, somewhere along the road. Not sure who said or wrote it first, although I could probably 'google' it and find out. I am using this as motivation: Clutter is just a bunch of delayed decisions. It is helping to keep telling myself to decide. Decide to pass it on, decide to get rid of it, decide to use it. It makes so much sense to me.
Hope you find it helpful, too.
All my best,
lots2do

SusieQOH 08-06-2017 07:24 AM

Oh yes, that's a good one, Lots2do.
When I can't walk in my sewing room I know it's time for some tough action. And my cat also gets mad at me. He likes to lie down in the room and I love him there but when it's bad he lets me know "enough is enough" :)

lots2do 08-06-2017 07:26 AM

How funny! A clutter monitoring cat! How helpful. Thanks for making me smile.

SusieQOH 08-06-2017 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by lots2do (Post 7880807)
How funny! A clutter monitoring cat! How helpful. Thanks for making me smile.

Glad you got a giggle. He's the most laid-back, sweet boy ever but that's one thing he really gets mad at me for lol

QuiltnNan 08-06-2017 08:07 AM

indeed, this has been on my mind the last few weeks... i really need to declutter!

bearisgray 08-06-2017 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH (Post 7880817)
Glad you got a giggle. He's the most laid-back, sweet boy ever but that's one thing he really gets mad at me for lol

What does he do?

It's not so much deciding that I don't need/want an item - it's deciding what to do with it next that is really hard for me.

rryder 08-06-2017 09:51 AM

great definition--that is precisely why I have things laying out all over the place--can't decide where they belong....

Rob

SusieQOH 08-06-2017 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray (Post 7880897)
What does he do?

It's not so much deciding that I don't need/want an item - it's deciding what to do with it next that is really hard for me.

He gives me a really dirty look and makes sure I see him searching for somewhere to lie down. As I said he's a big teddy bear so when he is mad I know it :)

bearisgray 08-06-2017 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH (Post 7880936)
He gives me a really dirty look and makes sure I see him searching for somewhere to lie down. As I said he's a big teddy bear so when he is mad I know it :)

I can visualize a cat doing that. LOL

lots2do 08-06-2017 04:45 PM

Here's to making more decisions in the coming days. I'm starting with a skein of yarn that's a beautiful color but really not pleasant to work with...into the donation box, it'll go.