Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Finally...a room ( or two) of my own! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/finally-room-two-my-own-t240637.html)

Ladyjanedoe 02-08-2014 07:11 AM

Finally...a room ( or two) of my own!

3 Attachment(s)
Rather unexpectedly we had an opportunity on the coast ( north Seattle) and moved. It was the first time I've ever been able to choose a home and it was a fun ,but harrowing experience ( and a continual horror with the builder--but that's another story).

Anyway, my two biggest pleasures in the new house are my room to sew and a room for my piano. I do enjoy looking at the pictures posted so I thought I would share my work in progress.

I was fortunate to find the cabinets on Craigslist. A custom kitchen and bath business was selling their display model for what I thought was a great deal ($400) . The units have slide out drawers that automatically draw back in with a nudge . Originally the counter was granite but it developed a crack in transit. We improvised something different from Home Depot. As it stands we had to hire someone with a lift to get the counter into the upstairs window.
Eventually I may hang the cabinets. My little dog, Drogo, loves the new spot, too!

We added more shelves to the closet for my stash. It's not organized yet but it's all out of boxes--which feels like a major accomplishment! I still have more to do but I've been painting the other rooms and have little time between those tasks and home schooling my son.

In our old house we had the piano crammed into a corner in our dining room. A huge selling point for us on this home was the entry room with the high ceiling. My son and I are decent pianists so we needed a nice place to concentrate on our music. It's just big enough.

Thank you for looking and most importantly, thank you for the continual inspiration on this site. Everyday I find more tips and ideas .

Mariposa 02-08-2014 07:15 AM

Congrats on your new lovely home! The piano looks great, and plenty of room. Your sewing room is going to be awesome! Happy sewing!

Tartan 02-08-2014 07:25 AM

Awesome!:thumbup:

tutt 02-08-2014 07:28 AM

Congratulations and they both look great! Enjoy!

asimplelife 02-08-2014 07:32 AM

Yeah for you! How wonderful - enjoy both of your creative spaces.

vondae 02-08-2014 08:36 AM

I'm so happy for you that you have such a wonderful room to sew in and do your craft. I think your piano room is fabulous. I to play the piano, only I do not have one at this time. I finally have a room for one, but, haven't found one I can afford so far. Your piano is beautiful. You have a right to be proud of your new home. Congratulations!!!

tessagin 02-08-2014 08:56 AM

Congratulations on the new home!

Lori S 02-08-2014 09:00 AM

Congrats on the fabulous sewing space. Love the light color cabinets.

quiltingranny 02-08-2014 10:29 AM

Congratulations! I'm very happy for you. I too am getting a sewing room this spring and am very excited about it. I just love seeing pictures of everyone elses space!!!! Thanks for showing your pics.

nannyrick 02-08-2014 11:36 AM

Beautiful!!! Love the piano!!! Thanks for sharing.