Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Floor plan app ROOMLE (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/floor-plan-app-roomle-t249087.html)

IrishgalfromNJ 06-27-2014 09:53 AM

Is that your television in the corner? Looks like it would be hard to see unless you are sewing.

Sandygirl 06-27-2014 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by IrishgalfromNJ (Post 6776582)
Is that your television in the corner? Looks like it would be hard to see unless you are sewing.

Ths is a prototype. Not the final layout.
Psandy

madamekelly 06-27-2014 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl (Post 6774761)
Having fun! Yes, my windows are two different sizes as pictured.

sandy

Thank you so much for the ROOMLE app. I had never seen it and had no idea what to search for to get one like this.

sept97 06-28-2014 04:46 AM

I tried to use it and I had no clue what I was doing, hahahah

Teacup 06-28-2014 07:04 AM

I've sometimes thought if I was desgning my ideal sewing room, I'd like to have a really large retangular ironing board hanging on the wall with hinges that I could lower as needed when ironing yardage/large projects. Then raise it back up out of the way when not being used. I'd want a separate small ironing station on another surface ready for the small tasks of pressing blocks, etc.

oldtnquiltinglady 06-28-2014 12:30 PM

I don't know who makes it, but I have just the thing for that portable type ironing space you speak of, Teacup. Someone gave it to me as a gift several years ago, and mine is at our houseboat, because we don't have enough power (parked at the end of the really, really long dock) nor room for a regular ironing board. This is a small square thing, about 12x15 inches, with a cutting board on one side and a padded ironing surface on the other. I set it on a small table beside my sewing stool, and use one of those small ironing sticks that will press only your seams as you go. Perfect for the boat, but I didn't care much for it while I had it in my sewing room--I prefer getting up to cut and iron, so I am moving around, my back doesn't bother me so much that way. And, at the boat, I am not staying in one spot so long at one time--plus I have to quit altogether when we start to rock so much. Makes my head crazy and I have to go hold on at the deck.

fxsts93kf 07-11-2014 09:03 AM

I'm hoping they have an app like that for the Samsung, I'm going to check when I get home. I'm getting a "new to me" beautiful sewing cabinet on Sunday and I still can't figure out how to arrange everything! Thanks so much! Love your room by the way!

cashs_mom 07-11-2014 10:26 AM

How cool! When we bought our first house, my husband (the draftsman) made me a floor plan and little paper furniture so that I could figure out where the furniture was going to fit. It was worked great and made moving day a lot easier.

I love that you can even paint the walls!

Sandygirl 07-21-2014 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom (Post 6796231)
How cool! When we bought our first house, my husband (the draftsman) made me a floor plan and little paper furniture so that I could figure out where the furniture was going to fit. It was worked great and made moving day a lot easier.

I love that you can even paint the walls!

i have used an extra cutting mat to do this! I used the blue painters tape to mark the walls and door openings, windows. The "scale' is already on the mat!

sandy

Sandygirl 07-21-2014 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by fxsts93kf (Post 6796092)
I'm hoping they have an app like that for the Samsung, I'm going to check when I get home. I'm getting a "new to me" beautiful sewing cabinet on Sunday and I still can't figure out how to arrange everything! Thanks so much! Love your room by the way!

Did you post a photo of your new cabby? I wanna see it!

sandy