Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Flooring for sewing room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/flooring-sewing-room-t201169.html)

lfletcher 09-24-2012 03:42 AM

I have laminate wood flooring in my quilt room and tile in my longarm room. Both work well. The reason for the tile instead of the laminate in my longarm room is because I have my washer and dryer in there and my husband said you are not suppose to put laminate in "wet" areas because it will warp if it gets wet.

RonieM 09-25-2012 04:11 AM

I have carpeting in my sewing room. I purchased a cheap floor mat at an office supply store to put on the floor under my chair. It seems like this would protect any type of flooring you decide to use.

BMP 09-25-2012 04:59 AM

Laminate, love it !!!

MdmSew'n'Sew 09-25-2012 11:18 AM

I have ceramic tile in my sewing room and could never imagine anything else in there, it's so easy to keep clean and things like pins don't get lost in a carpet or anything.

DebbE 09-26-2012 05:28 AM

Laminate flooring that looks like wood - but put a large area rug under my table and quilting area for comfort -- it feels good and my chair rolls over it easily....plus room for the pups to lay down nearby...

sylviak 09-27-2012 07:09 PM

I have low pile carpet in my shed, but I wish I had put laminate down instead. I use an office mat as well to keep my chair from leaving marks. I also have a spare vacuum cleaner that I use after each project to pick up the inevitable threads. My youngest son is a regional manager for a hardwood flooring company.....so I'm an idiot!!

Debbie C 09-28-2012 11:58 AM

I have my quilt room in the finished basement - completed with porcelain 12x12" tiles. Very easy on the rolling chair!

mrsponcho1 09-29-2012 11:34 AM

I have tile thru out my house. I have nothing under my sewing room chair but we put an office chair mat under the chair where our computer is. For some reason it would get caught and not roll - drove my dh crazy - but it really did not bother me. lol I love my tile - so easy to clean - wished I had put tile down years ago when the boys were still at home.

QuiltnNan 10-05-2012 03:30 AM

i recently installed engineered hardwood... i love it! my chair wheels have not marked it up so far. and it sweeps up so beautifully

DebbE 10-09-2012 06:21 AM

We laid a laminate in living room, dining and all bedrooms that looks like real wood, has slightly high/low spots - gorgeous. But I put a small very low loft area rug under my table & chair for warmth & so I wouldn't have to chase my foot pedal. Since I use the pins with yellow heads, I find those very easy. Am very happy with the choice. Have 18" tile in my hallways and family rm/kitchen and utility. But I still put down small area rugs under my sofa & coffee table and a runner in the kitchen, just for comfort. Very easy to clean, and comfortable. Either of those would be great.