Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Great organizers at Aldi for cheap! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/great-organizers-aldi-cheap-t240953.html)

CookyIN 02-12-2014 02:32 PM

Great organizers at Aldi for cheap!

I went to Aldi today and found some great plastic organizing units. They're plastic stackables that click together. One unit has 3 plastic bins and the other has 4 shallower ones. (Each bin clicks to the one below and a single lid clicks atop the upper one.) The entire unit is approx. 6" x 9" by either 6" or 7" high. I'm thinking these will be great for organizing scraps for leaders and enders or for organizing paper piecing units. Best of all, each unit was only $3.99. They seem quite well made and were made in Germany. If you're near an Aldi, check it out.

mandyrose 02-12-2014 02:44 PM

yea I sure will thanks for the heads up:thumbup:

Steady Stiching 02-13-2014 04:47 AM

I love Aldi's...I'll look for them next time I'm there1

Country1 02-13-2014 09:53 AM

Thanks for sharing! Always like seeing new organizing ideas. Maybe someday I'll get organized! A girl can dream!

LD... 02-13-2014 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by CookyIN (Post 6571051)
I went to Aldi today and found some great plastic organizing units. They're plastic stackables that click together. One unit has 3 plastic bins and the other has 4 shallower ones. (Each bin clicks to the one below and a single lid clicks atop the upper one.) The entire unit is approx. 6" x 9" by either 6" or 7" high. I'm thinking these will be great for organizing scraps for leaders and enders or for organizing paper piecing units. Best of all, each unit was only $3.99. They seem quite well made and were made in Germany. If you're near an Aldi, check it out.

What do they look like?? Can you post a pix????
Maybe I can find something similar here and that would work for me.
L.D.

red-warrior 02-14-2014 02:52 PM

Thanks I will!

gale 02-14-2014 07:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
sounds like snapware's snap and stack containers.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]462373[/ATTACH]

CookyIN 02-15-2014 02:54 AM

They attach like the Snapware above. However each container is the same size (whether you get the unit with four shallower or 3 deeper ones) and there isn't a handle. If you get more than one unit, you can stack them one atop the other.

mjhaess 02-16-2014 06:48 AM

Great deal..Wish we had an Aldis here in the Charleston area...There is one in Columbia but that is too far to drive....

gale 02-16-2014 11:06 AM

I just went and looked at these at aldi. If you go, be sure to check every clip. Almost every one I looked at had a broken clip or two, or some clips that wouldn't stay clipped. Even ones from the bottom of the box. I love the idea though, and have had good luck with the brand I have now, so I think I'll get more for scraps.