Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   I got a new chair from Amazon (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/i-got-new-chair-amazon-t264722.html)

gale 05-01-2015 03:42 PM

I got a new chair from Amazon

A while back I was looking for ideas for a sewing chair. I wasn't thrilled with my previous office chairs (for sewing) but nothing else is sold around here and I wanted to test whatever chair I got, so I got one anyway and it was okay, but not great. I spent more $$ to get giant wheels for it because it wouldn't get quite tall enough (none of the ones I tested would) and I'm pretty short. So anyway one of my kids needed a new computer chair so I decided it was time to get something better. Based on reviews I ordered this chair. I prefer to test them but our Staples closed so there is no one around here that sells any type of office chair in the store. Anyway so far I really like it! It has a greater range of height adjustments so I can even sit at my cutting table with it. At first, it felt weird because it's not shaped like the seat of an office chair, but after using it for a few hours it's very comfortable. I am going to cover the seat and back with cuter fabric (slipcovers). It is called the Caressoft Medical Stool w/Back.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]518605[/ATTACH]

Tartan 05-01-2015 05:06 PM

​It looks comfy!

drivingsusan 05-01-2015 05:25 PM

Thank you for this review!!! Just changed my sewing table and it is taller!! And my office chair will not go up any higher, so all the sewing I did this week was painful after just a short time!!! To get the right height on my old table I just shortened the legs but that is not an option on my new one....so thank you again!!!
One question.....do your feet touch the floor when it is raised up???

Sandygirl 05-01-2015 05:33 PM

Beautiful! Love the color. Very contemporary!

sandy

gale 05-01-2015 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by drivingsusan (Post 7183259)
Thank you for this review!!! Just changed my sewing table and it is taller!! And my office chair will not go up any higher, so all the sewing I did this week was painful after just a short time!!! To get the right height on my old table I just shortened the legs but that is not an option on my new one....so thank you again!!!
One question.....do your feet touch the floor when it is raised up???

No, they don't. I have a couple of pieces of wood to elevate my foot pedal and I rested my other foot on one of those bars (that the wheels are on).

Every office chair I've ever owned had a plastic bottom thing where the wheels are. This is the first time I've had a chair with a metal one.

Geri B 05-03-2015 07:55 AM

Had to go to website to see as your attachment was removed......I found one very similar from an Office Depot several yrs ago, but it was called a drafting chair...now it also has a new name....quilters chair!

gale 05-03-2015 12:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here is a picture that I took of mine in my sewing room. No copyright. ;)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]518791[/ATTACH]

Mariposa 05-03-2015 01:06 PM

Looks like a great, comfy chair!

SuziSew 05-04-2015 09:18 AM

That's awesome! I just added it to my Amazon wishlist!

ManiacQuilter2 05-04-2015 09:55 AM

What I look for is excellent back support. High price doesn't automatically equal comfort.