Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   I'm starting to feel self induced pressure to sort and organize! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/im-starting-feel-self-induced-pressure-sort-organize-t281113.html)

QuiltnLady1 08-16-2016 03:05 PM

I'm still working on it -- I am sorting my fabric into getting rid of and keep (I couldn't do it before we moved). Hopefully they need more at church this year (they got a big donation from a place going out of business last year). I am also trying to centralize all of the rulers and notions and give DD and DDIL the duplicates. I took the doors off of the closet and had a bunch of built in shelves and drawers installed before we moved in, but stuff just got shoved in there. I tackled that this week with the help of DGS. I have a little more to do. It seems that every time I get one part organized and move to the next I mess up the cleaned part while organizing the other -- ugh. This time I am moving around the room a little at a time in a circle -- maybe that will be more successful.

tessagin 08-16-2016 03:15 PM

I was on a pretty good roll then turned around and saw a lot of things missed. Kind of like doing dishes. You think you're done and let the water out, clean up the sink and turn around and see the pots and pans you totally forgot. Are they worth it? can we just pitch and buy new?

Becky's Crafts 08-16-2016 04:10 PM

I live in a 5th Wheel camper. My stash is in 4 (18-gallon) tubs, plus a small outside shed with plastic dresser units. My quilting/sewing area is from my recliner in the living room. I use S-hooks on the curtain rod to hang scissors from, I have an old coffee mug on my sewing table with marking implements, a small Tupperware container for my pins, sits beside the machine and a rectangular box keeps some threads handy, FMQ gloves, & my rotary cutter handy. My special rulers are in a box behind my recliner on shelves along with a large wooden sewing box that holds bobbins both empty & filled, more thread, all my sewing machine feet & extra parts. It's all very handy & keeps the area fairly neat. I keep patterns in big binders on the shelves as well as the quilting books in my library. All is handy & easy to reach. Also easy to pack up & go quickly with. :-) My biggest rulers & cutting mats are at the end of the kitchen island. (Maybe 2 ft from my chair). It works great for me!! Our neighbor is amazed how I can find what I want so seemingly easily. :-)

lots2do 08-23-2016 04:47 PM

Becky, that sounds great! It's funny, I was just googling small teardrop campers and dreaming of having my sewing space out in the yard. I don't think the other half will go for that though. I am feeling a little frustrated again about my lack of progress. Wait. Now that I'm thinking of it...there's a built-in bureau that I can put some containers in... Does anyone know where I can get some of those little metal label holders to put on the front of the drawers? I'm off to measure those drawers right now. I can always empty a few drawers for company. ��