Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Its happening today (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/its-happening-today-t234424.html)

IBQUILTIN 11-10-2013 10:21 AM

Its happening today

I have spent the last three weeks getting rid of all the tools and toys my DH had in our garage so that I can convert it to a place for my longarm that has not even been set up yet. Soooooooooo, it is spotlessly clean, tile is being laid as we speak and the guys are due any time now to put the table together. I am so excited I can hardly wait. It was hard to let go of some of DH's things, but it was also time to move on in my life and put that machine up. Wish me luck, I have a lot to learn

PABerard 11-10-2013 10:44 AM

Oh my gosh how exciting!!! I thought this was going to say you were cleaning your sewing room. This is MUCH more exciting. Good luck and can't wait to see pictures. YAY!

QuiltNama 11-10-2013 10:45 AM

You're not letting DH things go, just sharing them with someone else who needs them. Enjoy the new time in your life learning to LA quilt. It takes a bit of time to learn but is so much fun. Every quilt I do, I learn something new. You will be amazed at how quickly you can finish your quilts now. Enjoy and congratulations on your new space.

joy 11-10-2013 10:48 AM

I know the feeling... have been doing that too but hasn't been cleaned out for years and what a mess.... put a lot of it out in an inorganic collection... son took some... son in law took some tools, gave a few things to quota for them to sell for others they help... but still a lot to do... taking my time...then there is the house as I might be moving... not sure yet but taking my time. no rush. (I hope).

Old_Rosebud 11-10-2013 10:49 AM

I'm jealous of all you gals that have an LAQ. My 'someday' goal is to own one AND have room for it.
I can only imagine that it is hard to divulge of your DH's things, but I agree with QuiltNama's sentiment! Congrats on the new room and show us pics of your finished quilts!

Cam's gram 11-10-2013 02:59 PM

You're going to love your long arm! I just got mine not too long ago so I am in the learning stage. I know it's hard to let go of your DH's things but have a long arm out there will give something new to enjoy.

Pam S 11-10-2013 04:33 PM

It must have been hard cleaning out your DH's tool and things but, like you said, you have to move on. You will have so much fun with that long arm. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

judi43 11-11-2013 04:17 AM

Ibquilting, you must of read my mind. I also lost my DH four years ago and I'm now ready to clean out his work shop & make me a new sewing room. My son will be coming to help me in Dec & I can hardly wait. I also will be looking into getting a Longarm. Keep us posted with pictures as you go along please.

Difergie 11-11-2013 04:29 AM

I am in the middle of remodeling a garage also into a sewing 'girl cave'......am sew excited. Two more weeks and it will be done. We all DESERVE our spaces!

stitchinwitch 11-11-2013 05:37 AM

Oh, I will be watching closely - Back several weeks ago, I posted a delema regarding the house I was buying - has chip board on ceiling and walls, - its a one car garage-----the closing is on the 26th and then I will try to find a painter for my first step....Looks like some of your ideas will be stolen by me; I DO have some plans, and hope that the space will be large enough. It is 16 x 20 --- Thanks!

Originally Posted by Difergie (Post 6398456)
I am in the middle of remodeling a garage also into a sewing 'girl cave'......am sew excited. Two more weeks and it will be done. We all DESERVE our spaces!