Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Laminate floor in sewing room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/laminate-floor-sewing-room-t124357.html)

young at heart 11-01-2011 10:44 PM

It certainly looks beautiful!

sparkys_mom 11-02-2011 04:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Love your tiger wood! I've had laminate on a concrete base for about five years now and it is great. The only drawbacks are the dog can't get any traction on it (a few strategically placed throw rugs took care of that) and I find it difficult to get a spot and streak free cleaning on it. Mine is Uniclic Quick Step and is Oak Gunstock. When I chose it, I took the samples to my sister's house. She has the real deal hardwood floors and they looked identical!!

amandasgramma 11-02-2011 04:39 AM

I have laminate in my longarm shop -- I LOVE it!!! So much easier to sweep it rather than cleaning out the vacuum cleaner. As for brand.............I got the cheapest stuff that Lowe's had!!!

alfosa421 11-02-2011 05:32 AM

Definitely laminate-very durable and mostly scratch resistant-easy clean up-Bruce is a well known brand but there are several deals right now at Lowes and Home Depot but I didn't look closely at their names-also very easy to self install if so inclined-we put it in our rental properties and 10x12 room takes 1-1 1/2 hours to install-Good Luck

unclefreckles 11-02-2011 07:03 AM

I also have laminate in a med shade, I think Oak. I love it, makes it really easy to clean and no pins stuck in the carpet. Also the chair I use is a office chair and it rolls so much easier.

athomenow 11-02-2011 08:00 AM

Your floors are beautiful. I would love to rip out the cheap carpet that was in this house when we moved in. We have cherry in the entry and I would love it if we could afford to put it in the great room as well. Carpet in the sewing room is crazy! I hate it and just keep my sweeper in there to deal with the mess after every project and I try to always use the wastebasket.

jhoward 11-02-2011 11:18 AM

I have laminate. I really like it, can see pins where they fall. I can see the dust bunnies, too, but easy to use a dust mop for cleaning. Wouldn't want carpet again in a sewing room.

margoee 11-02-2011 12:48 PM

I have wood laminate in my sewing room and LOVE IT!!! The money I save in buying new vaccum cleaners (because of the threads) nearly paid for the laminate LOL

QuiltnNan 11-02-2011 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by lovequilts (Post 3288936)
I also have a wood look laminate and love it. It cleans so easy. I would suggest not getting too dark of a color or every thread will show. Mine is a oak look

ditto, here. however, i like the dark color because it forces me to sweep

grammy27 11-02-2011 08:02 PM

I have had Pergo flooring, maple finish, in my kitchen for over 10 years with no problems. I have had to sew in the kitchen at times and my rolling desk chair was no problem for the floor. It cleans easily and really does wear very well. Still looks like new.