Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   My sewing room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/my-sewing-room-t190256.html)

mlt150 05-28-2012 04:13 PM

My sewing room

10 Attachment(s)
Here is where I love to be even though it is a tiny guest bedroom. My stash is in the storage chest by the iron; believe me, it is full. I took a white plastic table cover and made the design wall and my hubby hung it. My next quilt is already displayed...making a birthday gift. Hope you enjoy- I love looking at your sewing rooms! Dianne

Laneyhod 05-28-2012 04:24 PM

What a nice room. I also love the quilt on the day bed. Did you make that one, too?

May in Jersey 05-28-2012 04:38 PM

Very nice sewing room, you really have made good use of a limited space. I'm going to 'borrow' your design board idea, it really helps to arrange blocks on a design board to get the best arrange for a quilt.

Helen6869 05-28-2012 04:38 PM

Love your quilt.

Thanks for posting your lovely room. It reminds me of mine, also a third bedroom used for sewing. I love to see how others lay their things out and what is where....such as nearby, across the room, etc. Lovely to have 3 windows...mine are high so I miss being able to look outside. DH has promised a new room out of his old shop eventually. Still no windows but will have lots more room and get to pull things out of the other rooms where they are stored. I don't know but I think my stash beats yours! Mine would not fit into that cabinet! lol! thanks again and enjoy your room!
And I love your quilt on your design wall. Those are my favorite colors too. I have a flannel backed tablecloth hanging over a closet door in another bedroom for my design wall. Will be nice to have that in my "new" sewing room. Actually it will be so nice to have it all together instead of in 3 bedrooms. Sigh! if that day ever comes! DH is trying though.

terri bb 05-28-2012 05:04 PM

what a beautiful room! right now i sort of have an alcove, but i like it as its mine. someday tho, someday....love all your goodies in there!

tinker 05-28-2012 06:26 PM

I like the wire baskets!!! May I asked, where you found them(what store)? Tinker

Tartan 05-28-2012 08:11 PM

Nice sewing room set-up! I am going to add a word of caution to everyone posting pictures of their sewing spaces. With this new thumbnail and enlargements, make sure there is nothing of a personal nature on display. Your room is great but boy, if your car had been outside your window I could have read the license plate.

mlt150 05-29-2012 05:15 AM

Thanks everyone for your nice comments. To address the questions:

I bought the daybed comforter and curtains from JC Penny.
The wire organizer came from TJ Maxx, a discount store of designer cloting and home goods.
Thanks for heads up on what can be seen in a picture!!!

Country1 05-29-2012 06:05 AM

Nice, looks like you have used your space wonderfully!

Daisydoodle 05-29-2012 06:41 AM

So nice to see what you have done with a small space. Most of us are in the same boat with working in the confines of what is available in your home. No matter is it is an alcove, closet, basement or small bedroom...make it yours!