Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   need to clean up my sewing room with Thanksgiving here! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/need-clean-up-my-sewing-room-thanksgiving-here-t283919.html)

quiltingshorttimer 11-20-2016 07:15 PM

need to clean up my sewing room with Thanksgiving here!

I'm working like a "mad hatter" trying to get projects done for Christmas (my own), 3 customer memory quilts promised by early Feb (have taken apart the shirts & pants but haven't even cut them yet!) and getting a couple of quilt show entries ready by end of March--which haven't even been started beyond the purchase of fabric and pattern decided. Soo...with son's family arriving Wed night for the long weekend, if the oldest boy doesn't want to sleep with his 2 youngest brothers, it means I need to clear off the twin bed I use for my "store-all" in my sewing room--have 3 days and DH to doc, grocery and plan on just forgetting about cleaning!

lots2do 11-21-2016 04:57 AM

Phew, my head is spinning for you. You certainly have a lot on your plate. I hope it goes as smoothly as possible.

jmoore 11-21-2016 04:57 AM

I'm in the same boat as you...my current sewing space is in our spare bedroom with a queen size guest bed. My BIL and SIL are coming Saturday after Thanksgiving from Ohio to spend a few nights... the bed is currently loaded with my scrap bins for a project I am working on and a couple of quilt tops that still need borders.

tranum 11-21-2016 04:58 AM

Just reading this makes me want to go take 2 Excederin for a headache and go lay down ! Good luck with all that !

Geri B 11-21-2016 05:12 AM

Quiltingshortimer---too much, too soon......forget about March, enjoy today! Let them all sleep on the floor! Just kidding! Have a happy holiday--all! Hopefully we will here...no hiding my stuff for company comin' - that's all behind a closed door, for my eyes only!

SueJ 11-21-2016 05:20 AM

I turned my dining room into my quilt room & my sister, her 2 girls & their 3 kids are coming to spend Thanksgiving with us. I need to get busy too!

Tartan 11-21-2016 07:00 AM

You have my sympathy!

tessagin 11-21-2016 07:05 AM

I was getting dizzy and I certainly need no help the way things are going.

carolynjo 11-21-2016 02:06 PM

I am on walker as is my hubby. We have 8 house guests coming. Since we are planning to sell the house this spring, this will be our last at our house, so it's bittersweet for all of us. We are the only "grandparents" the 5 kids have, so we try to keep up with them. Just hope we survive the onslaught.

quiltingshorttimer 11-21-2016 06:36 PM

Thanks for all your encouragement--after I got home from grocery today (DH blew out a knee on Friday so not much help there) I played in sewing room--actually got binding on a couple of Christmas presents, have hand work for tv time on presents, and cleaned up the clutter in the sewing room. The bed is almost open! So if you ignore the piles of fabric in the corners, it's ready! I'm so glad I got my DH a Roomba last year for Christmas--he normally does vacumning cause of MY knees, but neither of us can do it now!