Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Need help with Gracie King set up in Queen size. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/need-help-gracie-king-set-up-queen-size-t207741.html)

Battle Axe 12-05-2012 06:21 PM

Need help with Gracie King set up in Queen size.

Just bought a used, but not abused, Gracie King frame with Janome 1600. It was set up crib size and we took part of it apart to move it. Now I want it queen size, my cataracts are acting up, my hip hurts with I get up and down and I just need a little encouragement.

Is there anyone with one set up in queen size? Did you have to take all the legs off before you could get the bed together?

Did I mention that I can't wait to get it up?

Marcia aka Battle Axe

jacee kay 12-05-2012 06:28 PM

I can 't help you but I will be watching answers. I am looking at a used grace and janome 1600 and would like to know if it is a good set to have.

kitsykeel 12-05-2012 08:39 PM

Sorry I can't help you but I have a cat that looks just like yours. Mine's name is Patches.

Battle Axe 12-06-2012 04:28 AM

Mine was a real good deal, or at least I thought. $1400.00 for the two. Mine has a stitch regulator and the upgraded bed with the metal machine carriage. I'm not real sure on the terminology yet. It was a dream to use. I tried it out for 10 minutes, she was getting another call while I was trying it out. My friend said buy it, and so I did. I'm trying to put it together myself and I think if the cats would help me I'd have it together.

laralea 12-06-2012 06:49 AM

We bought one new in April of this year and quickly found out that the queen size will not do a queen size quilt because the carriage, stitch regulator, clamps, etc. take up some room and the entire width of the rod is 96". That only leaves 6 inches total. You'll need that much for the extra fabric on the sides. The website says it is 100 inches - that includes the wood on the legs. Also, I would highly recommend purchasing the new clamps on their website. We will probably buy the king size extension - I have 3 queen size quilts that I can't do without it. We haven't tried to move it or tear down/reassemble yet. If you have the room to set up the king size, I'd highly recommend doing so - it will save you some grief later. I know I didn't offer much help with the current problem, but may the few extra tips will help someone.

Battle Axe 12-06-2012 08:06 AM

Thanks for you comments. I'll call in the cavalry.

Battle Axe 12-06-2012 08:07 AM

kitsykeel, is there a Chambers house in Salisbury or is that one in South Carolina?

Quiltcamp 12-06-2012 03:37 PM

The Grace company is great for any help you need. Even if you bought your frame used. I have purchased two used frames over the years and have called them and emailed the company a few times. I have always been pleased with both the response time and service. I suggest you call them and get the direct answer. You won`t be sorry.

Battle Axe 12-06-2012 05:57 PM

Thanks for the info. This frame is supposed to be something they don't have anymore, a GMQ Pro. It's almost 9 and I'm finally home from work.

kitsykeel 12-06-2012 06:07 PM

Hi Battle Axe,

Yes, there is the Utzman Chambers House circa 1819 in Salisbury, NC. House and Garden tour open to public April-November Saturdays 1-4 p.m. It is one of the few surviving Federal-Period Townhouses in Piedmont North Carolina. For more info you can call 704-633-5946 or go online and see picture of the house. Do you have a connection to the Chambers?

Originally Posted by Battle Axe (Post 5701922)
kitsykeel, is there a Chambers house in Salisbury or is that one in South Carolina?