Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   New 2nd Story Studio (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/new-2nd-story-studio-t217456.html)

JoanneS 03-27-2013 11:22 AM

WOW! You have a fabric store in your fabulous new sewing room. I think a lot of us are jealous. Now that you're organized, we can expect to see some beautiful quilts emerging like butterflies from cocoons!

nannyrick 03-27-2013 11:31 AM

OMG!!! That is one of the most fabulous sewing rooms I,ve ever seen. You deserve a lot of credit. You did a wonderful job. Congratulations!!!!

Scraplady 03-27-2013 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Katia (Post 5958352)
What a great space !!! I really would never leave. Do you have any idea of the room size? I have a fairly large sewing room, but it still seems small at times. I have to keep things picked up or it feels like the walls are closing in.

Tomorrow we are getting a nice corner desk so I can set up the sewing machine and the serger. It is going to take some work and rearranging to get the big desk I have now out and the new one in. It will be a good opportunity to do some reorganizing and all that fun stuff.

The main work room is 11' 7" X 14' 5", with a closet about 5' square. That alone is a huge space to me, but the "bonus" room really is a bonus. (It is even larger but there are only a couple of feet before the sloped ceiling which goes almost to the floor.) All I truly need for sewing is in the one big room. If you don't have floor space, go vertical, is my motto, which is the reason for the floor to ceiling fabric shelves, and a couple of shelves about 18" from the ceiling that weren't even showing in the photos. I wouldn't do every wall this way or it makes the room feel like it's caving in on you. I bought an inexpensive folding stool that is stowed behind the door so can reach everything I need.

Pam S 03-27-2013 12:22 PM

Wow, you've thought of everything. What a fantastic space.

Retired Fire Chief 03-27-2013 01:04 PM

What can I say? Envy, envy, envy!

laurafet 03-27-2013 01:16 PM

Wow! I would never leave! Forget about family or job!

Smg1678 03-27-2013 01:46 PM

Wow, how long did it take to acquire such a fabulous stash....can we all come over and play?

Carol34446 03-27-2013 02:56 PM

Holly moley, what a space, lucky you I am a bit green.

fireworkslover 03-27-2013 03:42 PM

Wow, I love all you've done in your sewing space. Your fabric wall is wonderful. Now get busy and use up some of that batting and fabric!

quiltntoday 03-27-2013 03:48 PM

Wow!! You did an awesome job utilizing your sewing space. I love your wall of fabric. It's inspiring just looking at it. I like all your pegboard and how you organized your cutting island. I love it all! You just need a mini refridgerator and a microwave and you'll never come out. Thanks for sharing.