Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   A New Home At Last - Update with a Little Paint (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/new-home-last-update-little-paint-t250291.html)

Krystyna 07-17-2014 08:22 AM

A New Home At Last - Update with a Little Paint

10 Attachment(s)
What a difference a couple of coats of paint can make! I hired my new neighbor and he got one room done -- although it took a couple of days since that "one coat" paint and primer really required two coats.

Here's Before and After:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]483698[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]483700[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]483699[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]483701[/ATTACH]

Now I just need to remember which tables went where ... and start lugging down machines from the second floor to the basement. The television needs a wall mount and cable so it can go over the corner desk on the wall.

The dehumidifier works great. I haven't set up the hose yet, but dumping the bucket once or twice a day doesn't bother me. At least that way I can see what's in the air - and that is startling.

The wire shelves are almost full as is the wonderful closet with all the shelves ... and those are just with veils and lace! No fabric yet!!! Yikes!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]483703[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]483704[/ATTACH]

And now I can almost see the back wall of the inner room ... where my little treasure is hiding ...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]483706[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]483707[/ATTACH]

She's a little beaten up, but I just love the New Home treadle! I lost my gorgeous Singer treadle in the storm which was in perfect condition down to the leather belt. When we first looked at this house and wandered into the basement I spotted this one and took the "New Home" as a sign that this was the place for us. The old owner was upstairs and wondered what all the squealing was about. When I told her, she said she would give it to me if we bought the house. So ... a project for the future ...

The old owner also left a Singer 401. There was a cabinet but it was in bad shape so I tossed it. This will go on my hubby's desk so he can work on it for me. (He doesn't know that yet!
:p ) There's a big old pile of attachments, too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]483708[/ATTACH]

When we bought all of the tables at a tag sale (for $150!) I told the owners that I intended to use them as sewing tables. She asked me if I'd be interested in a sewing machine her daughter gave her, but she literally never used. How could I resist? A Pfaff Hobby 1032 for $25. I'm happy. Don't need it, but how could I leave it there?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]483709[/ATTACH]

I haven't spent a lot of time so far in getting everything in place because we wanted to have a little house warming party -- lots of people couldn't come for one reason or another so we'll have another one at the end of the summer. But it was still wonderful with only about 30 guests.

Tartan 07-17-2014 08:54 AM

Nothing like a coat of light coloured paint to brighten up a space. Went from dark to inviting!

CurliQ 07-17-2014 08:56 AM

WOW! What a difference that "one coat" of paint did! Such a bright and cheery place.

crafterrn1 07-17-2014 09:55 AM

The paint makes the room nice and bright. Do you use the laces and veils all the time? I would store them up stairs and stock the quilting rooms with my quilting fabrics and stuff. I love your old machines. The modern
machines are fine. Nothing tops the mechanics of the older machines! Enjoy your new space. Sew On!! Luann

Krystyna 07-17-2014 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by crafterrn1 (Post 6805307)
Do you use the laces and veils all the time? I would store them up stairs and stock the quilting rooms with my quilting fabrics and stuff.Sew On!! Luann

Yes, that's what I do for a living! So unfortunately the lace must stay. I'm thinking that I'll put shelves up in the other room or organize the back room closet. Lot's to do!

wanda lou 07-17-2014 11:14 AM

Wonderful News. So very happy for you.

KLO 07-17-2014 11:48 AM

What a wonderful difference that paint made! And again, so glad you found a home and are able to move on after Sandy.

Quilty-Louise 07-17-2014 12:28 PM

The paint sure made it much brighter in your new sewing room.

Congrats again on the new home and sewing room.

buslady 07-17-2014 12:41 PM

Oh, Krystyna, it is so nice to see that you have a new home! I haven't been on the site as much lately, just busy. I love your sewing area. Congratulations!!!! I see lots of potential for storage in there! It doesn't even look like you have to side step to get in the room, yet. LOL Our new place has lots of dark paneling, too. I am in the process of getting things lightened up a bit, too. Painting some of it, other will be dry walled eventually. At least that is the plan.

QuiltingVagabond 07-17-2014 01:52 PM

Love the story about the New Home omen!! Enjoy your new space!