Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   new quilting room - almost done! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/new-quilting-room-almost-done-t264835.html)

Onetomatoplant 05-04-2015 11:14 AM

new quilting room - almost done!

3 Attachment(s)
But done enough for now! We moved here about 2 1/2 years ago, and we knew the basement was going to be the sewing room when we bought the house. My awesome husband drywalled (I helped with the mudding part and it gave me a whole new level of respect for contractors!) and we put in a pellet stove so I was able to use the room (it's our basement) through last winter. This winter we put up trim and painted, put down laminate flooring, and I refinished and put wheels on an old farm table given to me by my SIL. I'm not a fabric collector, so the entirety of my "stash" is stored in the armoire, along with projects I haven't started and batting.

We still need to install lighting (we're going with the 4' LEDs) and I'm going to hang up flannel or batting on the wall that's open to use as a design wall. And right now I have my rulers in an upright napkin holder on a table, but I'm keeping my eyes open for a shelf with a rod underneath to hang them from on hooks. Next on my list is to cut a hole in my desk to set my machine in. There's a keyboard tray up underneath that I'll need to modify to fit the machine, but I think I'll love it when I'm done. Oh, and a wheeled chair - I'm going to ask for that for Christmas.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]518840[/ATTACH]

That expanse of blank wall is going to be my design wall.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]518841[/ATTACH]

I was going to just refinish this old table, but nothing was taking out the stains. I saw a sample of a faux denim finish at a hardware store and decided to try it. It turned out really cool! And then I completely covered it with a pressing board! I love having my pressing/cutting table on wheels - I can move it anywhere I need to to suit me. I'm keeping my eyes open for another similar table so I can have a cutting AND a pressing table, but this works for me now.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]518842[/ATTACH]

Thanks for looking, everyone!

kiffie2413 05-04-2015 12:56 PM

What a wonderful space! I love the table on wheels idea!
My dh has spent many an hour helping me with my quilting rooms.
Unlike you, I am a fabric "collector", though...lol

Enjoy your space!
Kif

Cam's gram 05-04-2015 01:12 PM

Wonderful quilting area!

NikkiLu 05-04-2015 02:22 PM

Love it - especially the bright blue walls, table, etc.

Terry in the ADK 05-04-2015 03:35 PM

Have to ask...what's in the garbage can on wheels?

wesing 05-04-2015 04:20 PM

I love your space! Beautiful, uncluttered, roomy, and everything you need at your fingertips. When you get your lighting in, it will be perfect!

Onetomatoplant 05-04-2015 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Terry in the ADK (Post 7186202)
Have to ask...what's in the garbage can on wheels?

Pellets for the pellet stove. I have a thing for wheels! :D

NJ Quilter 05-04-2015 07:12 PM

I could only hope & pray for that much space. I'm very envious. Enjoy.

nanacc 05-04-2015 10:19 PM

Lucky, Lucky You!

Joset 05-05-2015 04:12 AM

wow nice i like it.