Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   organization magazines (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/organization-magazines-t260442.html)

psychonurse 01-28-2015 01:20 PM

organization magazines

2 Attachment(s)
On my ongoing quest to organize my sewing room, which is small. I now have most magazines sorted and in notebooks. I have a few more to go but ran out of those 3 ring plastic things to use.
Moved my sewing table once again today, for I can't remember how many times, I have rearranged it now.
I am much further along than I ever thought possible. [ATTACH=CONFIG]507996[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]507997[/ATTACH]
so if you post if someone has ie: quilters newsletter, such and such, I only need to look in one or 2 notebooks to check. not piles and piles of mags as previously. someday I will get around to listing the months and yrs contained within, I hope. I am encouraged Juanita

Nammie to 7 01-28-2015 01:23 PM

Organization is an ongoing project isn't it? You are doing a good job though. My magazines are in plastic boxes made for magazine storage -- they can hold a couple years worth in each box. The key is to do what works for you!

giquilt 01-28-2015 01:25 PM

Good deal! I have found if I take some time once a year to organize I seem to get more done and find lost items!

psychonurse 01-28-2015 02:10 PM

yes it is on going. I did have them in those upright plastic containers for magazines that would hold several copies, but needed more organization, IMO..
I did start this past year folding fabric on comic book boards but have not finished that, need to get more boards, used 98 of them so far. LOL.
I tend to be more productive if things are tidy..

nanacc 01-28-2015 02:38 PM

You encourage me! I found the magazine binders(holders?) for a reasonable price at Keepsake Quilts, but haven't ordered yet. Gotta get busy.

psychonurse 01-28-2015 03:02 PM

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]https://www.anniescatalog.com/images...seup/99157.jpg
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: swatch_title, align: center"]Craft Book Holders 11" - 48/pkg.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: swatch_category, align: center"]Crafts[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Regular Price: $7.99
Special Price: $6.99[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: swatch_rating, align: center"]
5 out of 5 (8)

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Annies quilt store/catalog. these are the ones I ordered.

Get encouraged.

You encourage me! I found the magazine binders(holders?) for a reasonable price at Keepsake Quilts, but haven't ordered yet. Gotta get busy.

MFord 01-28-2015 03:04 PM

I've been working on a re-org myself, and have found lots of magazines and a few books to pass along to one of my quilting groups! Folding the small pieces of fabric is hardest for me right now since I'm just a month past thumb surgery.

BerninaGirl 01-28-2015 03:51 PM

I like the idea of binders. I was trying scanning the magazine and then putting it on a flash drive, that was taking forever.

paoberle 01-29-2015 04:44 AM

I organize, then organize again, then do it again. It seems to be one of those things that changes with time and new acquisitions. It's one of those things I tend to do in the winter when I get bored, don't want to sew, and it's too cold to get outside.

Julienm1 01-29-2015 05:53 AM

I can spend an hour at JA's looking at mags before I check out. My rule...has to be at least two patterns I know I'll make in order to buy it {{yeah right}}. I've gone thru my mags and torn out the patterns that I like and put them in binders.

PN, I have three ring binders also but they have my print outs from internet searches. One for purse, mug rugs, and pincushions. Quilt patterns, QUILTING patterns, patterns I've already made once or twice, etc.

Organizing seems to be an on going process. I really like browsing thru the binders. It's like visiting with an old friend.

Thank you for not asking how to organize stuff on the internet. That's a whole different "animal".