Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Re-organizing and fixing up my sewing room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/re-organizing-fixing-up-my-sewing-room-t231943.html)

Jeananne 10-07-2013 08:35 AM

Re-organizing and fixing up my sewing room

5 Attachment(s)
I actually took Friday off from work (we have been doing tons of OT) and had a relaxing day working in my sewing room...in anticipation of starting Christmas gifts (yep, just now getting started on that)...and added some wall art, hung curtains.... one part of the room has yet to be textured and painted, my DBF enclosed the loft upstairs...but I still work in there...hopefully this spring we can get it painted and the french doors put up....this is way bigger than the sewing room that I used to have...but don't we always wish for more? I asked him what the possibility of knocking down the wall between the sewing room and a guest room and you should have seen the look on his face! lol.....Any tips you can give me will be appreciated! Thanks!

Quilterfay 10-07-2013 11:13 AM

Are you asking for tips to get him to take the wall down or on your sewing studio??? Lol. You space looks really good. I have mine in the basement. I started in a fairly large bedroom in the basement. But found my quilting frame was taking up to much space. so I moved into the rumpus room in a corner and now have moved into the one end of the rumpus room.

Cam's gram 10-07-2013 12:42 PM

I like it. I can see spending a lot of time in there.

Eva Knight 10-07-2013 01:32 PM

Love it! What brand of quilting frame do you have? I've been looking at them, but now, have seen so many, I'm so confused.

Jeananne 10-07-2013 03:47 PM

I have a grace pinnacle with a juki2010, love it, bought it from Kathy Quilts they are so helpful with any question!

Jeananne 10-07-2013 03:55 PM

Haha... Would love to figure out how he would let me knock down a wall but don't think it's gonna happen! We've been together almost 2 years and plan to marry this next year, but being in our mid 50's we are looking to the future of a one story house, these stairs are getting to us, I'm up and down them what feels like 50 times a day, my knees are getting tired! Lol... My next house is gonna be chosen by the sewing studio space! But I do love that sweet man of mine, I have a space and he's given up his man cave garage space for my stuff still in boxes!

coopah 10-08-2013 05:09 AM

Tips for taking down the wall without authorization (from hubby)? Or.... LOL!! This board will give lots of tips, but think we need more direction! Love what's going on with that room.

Jeananne 10-08-2013 06:08 AM

Tips on organization with the room please...he won't let me take down the wall to the guest room!

mjhaess 10-08-2013 06:24 AM

Looks like a great room.

Country1 10-08-2013 06:42 AM

Beautiful. What a nice set-up!