Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Renovations finished at last! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/renovations-finished-last-t182600.html)

Pam S 03-12-2012 07:31 PM

Looks like a great space. Now how long will it stay that neat??

cwessel47 03-12-2012 07:50 PM

I see five machines in the first picture! What is up with that? I'm glad you have space for all of them but can't imagine what all the bells and whistles are that you need them all. I sew on a 1936 Singer Featherweight and nothing else. ( I do have another in case I have to alter denim now and again - but it is a lonely pup.) Enjoy your new space. It looks great.

tebill 03-12-2012 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by cwessel47 (Post 5055351)
I see five machines in the first picture! What is up with that? I'm glad you have space for all of them but can't imagine what all the bells and whistles are that you need them all. I sew on a 1936 Singer Featherweight and nothing else. ( I do have another in case I have to alter denim now and again - but it is a lonely pup.) Enjoy your new space. It looks great.

The machine on the far left is my new embroidery machine which has large hoops. You can hoop an entire jacketback in one hoop. Beside it is my embroidery machine that I've had for several years. I enjoy doing machine embroidery so need the machines for that purpose. I have a mega quilter which is great for piecing while the other machines are busy embroidering. I also have a serger which is great for embellishment, doing edges on napkins etc. I enjoy my embellisher machine for making my own felt for flowers, appliques on sweatshirts etc. I enjoy a variety of sewing projects so a straight stitch machine wouldn't be enough for my hobby.

newbee3 03-12-2012 08:46 PM

Your husband looks like a good carpenter lucky you

BETTY62 03-12-2012 08:50 PM

It's awesome.

Pickles 03-12-2012 09:13 PM

A beautiful sewing room and I love those buttons on the drawers how cool is that.. :)

Sewfine 03-12-2012 09:20 PM

Loving sewing room. Just love your cupboard front.

Vanuatu Jill 03-12-2012 10:24 PM

Wow-what a great job! I am jealous! When can I move in?? Will your sweet DH make me a studio like that?? LOL I love the cute button idea to cover the holes! Very clever! Is that 5 machines I see?? And I think you need to buy more thread!! LOL Again, what a great room!!

margee 03-13-2012 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by tebill (Post 5055372)
The machine on the far left is my new embroidery machine which has large hoops. You can hoop an entire jacketback in one hoop. Beside it is my embroidery machine that I've had for several years. I enjoy doing machine embroidery so need the machines for that purpose. I have a mega quilter which is great for piecing while the other machines are busy embroidering. I also have a serger which is great for embellishment, doing edges on napkins etc. I enjoy my embellisher machine for making my own felt for flowers, appliques on sweatshirts etc. I enjoy a variety of sewing projects so a straight stitch machine wouldn't be enough for my hobby.

Wow. I'm lucky to be able to handle a sewing/embroidery combo. However, I have thought it would be nice to have them separate because of needing more space etc. for the hoops. Love your sewing room. You've got everything that you need in an awsome space.

gramquilter2 03-13-2012 04:56 AM

What a great space to sew in!
Have lots of fun in there.