Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Ruler Storage Option? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/ruler-storage-option-t305650.html)

AprilM 07-07-2019 01:50 PM

Ruler Storage Option?

1 Attachment(s)
Going to try this again... an office supply solution that works great in my sewing room to store my rulers!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]614592[/ATTACH]

Rhonda K 07-07-2019 02:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is your photo rotated.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]614593[/ATTACH]

Clever storage idea! Love being organized.

I use a mesh file holder. Each ruler is in a plastic notebook file pocket that zips. Most rulers except the larger fit in the pocket. Someday I will get them labeled.

AprilM 07-07-2019 02:16 PM

Rhonda, thank you... i was not aware that my photo was not oriented correctly! Wonder why it looks normal to me but not to you (and maybe not anyone else either)??? Sorry, newbie here - thought when i posted i was looking at what-you-see-is-what-you-get... interesting. Do you have any advice for me?

Rhonda K 07-07-2019 03:04 PM

Hi April,

No worries at all. Pictures are always appreciated no matter the direction.

It has something to do with settings on the device used and perhaps the position of the home button when you take the photo. I just opened your photo in Paint and rotated it, cropped a little and re-saved to post here.

AprilM 07-07-2019 03:53 PM

You are a Sweetheart, Rhonda - thank you so much for getting me going the right direction! I will have to see what i can learn from my error. I very much appreciate your help! 😊 As i said i am a newbie here just learning the ropes. Sometimes i am more successful than others, but it isnt for lack of trying!

This board has such a wealth of good information! And a lot of very nice and helpful people... thank you for being one of them!

But i digress... your method of storing rulers sounds great too! You mentioned wanting to label them - you must have quite a collection! I have been quilting/teaching for 25+ years... i am always amazed that a person never seems to have the “right” ruler for those new projects - no wonder we have so many to keep track of!

Rhonda K 07-07-2019 04:07 PM

Thank you!

Welcome to the boards. Everyone is new at some time. I'm hanging my head like a lost puppy with all the rulers comment. Another one came home last week and I was tempted to buy two more this weekend. LOL!

I keep a list of rulers, embroidery threads, accu-quilt dies and machine feet on the ipad to prevent buying duplicates.

juliasb 07-07-2019 04:15 PM

Just means I have to go and look up some of my old office supplies. Thanks for the quick piece of good information.

Stitchnripper 07-07-2019 04:52 PM

I use a wooden plate rack from IKea. One of those things with “fingers” to separate the sections.

Conchalea 07-07-2019 04:56 PM

I don't have a lot of rulers, 3 main long ones I use, plus some triangles & a 2.5" square. My big ones either hang from command hooks on my cutting table or I lean them against furniture while they're in use. The triangles are in the plastic bags they came in & the little square floats around & hides often!

Maggie8801 07-08-2019 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by AprilM (Post 8274464)
Rhonda, thank you... i was not aware that my photo was not oriented correctly! Wonder why it looks normal to me but not to you (and maybe not anyone else either)??? Sorry, newbie here - thought when i posted i was looking at what-you-see-is-what-you-get... interesting. Do you have any advice for me?

Mine was sideways but I thought it was me! Great idea.