Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Stash Reorganization:Part 1 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/stash-reorganization-part-1-a-t216429.html)

asimplelife 03-15-2013 06:42 AM

Stash Reorganization:Part 1

3 Attachment(s)
After reading all over the internet about folding fabric onto comic boards I decided to give it a try. For now I am putting new fabrics onto boards and I put all of my "Rainbow" stash onto them.

I store my stash in several categories: Christmas, Fall, Blue & Yellow, Flannel, Thimbleberries, Batiks, Other Holidays, Florals, Background, Kid Prints and Shabby Chic (Robyn Pandolph, 3 Sisters, etc.) Everything else I call Rainbow and store by color.

On Wednesday before I started putting the fabric back into my stash closet I realized that there was an empty dresser in my daughters room. She hasn't lived here since the summer of 2011, is graduating from college in May and has a job lined up in the city where she lives... so is not likely to return.

Much to my delight, the boards fit in the lower drawers perfectly!

asimplelife 03-15-2013 06:46 AM

3 Attachment(s)
The next set of drawers... I am just loving 1) the comic boards and 2) being able to see and easily access these fabrics!

The top drawers are not deep enough for the boards but I'm thinking about folding up my FQs to store in them. I'll add pics if I do.

Lori S 03-15-2013 06:47 AM

What a beautiful stash you have! So perfectly organized!

mighty 03-15-2013 06:52 AM

Wonderful job!!!

Prim Quilts 03-15-2013 06:59 AM

That looks awesome!

quiltingeileen 03-15-2013 07:06 AM

Good job! I am in the process of doing mine as well. I am using foam board instead of comic board, since that's what I could find. You're inspiring me to continue on thru this process. Thanks for posting your lovely organized stash.

Diannia 03-15-2013 07:58 AM

Gorgeous! I store mine in lawyers bookcases and like that I can see them through the glass but mine wasn't free! I love yours!

Diannia

quiltstringz 03-15-2013 08:12 AM

Looks great - better use of the dresser than holding clothes! It is amazing to me how much more I use my stash (I am in the process of wrapping also) when I can easily see it.

Tartan 03-15-2013 08:57 AM

​It looks so pretty!

asimplelife 03-15-2013 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by quiltstringz (Post 5930006)
Looks great - better use of the dresser than holding clothes! It is amazing to me how much more I use my stash (I am in the process of wrapping also) when I can easily see it.

I just picked out some binding fabric this morning and loved how easy to it was to scan the drawers, pull some out and most importantly easily put the ones I didn't choose back! Instead of leaving a pile of fabrics to put away "later" which eventually turns into a mess. I couldn't be happier. :thumbup: