Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Three great improvements to my space (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/three-great-improvements-my-space-t173902.html)

SueSew 01-01-2012 07:34 PM

Thanks for saying I look organized! That is only because I don't have much of a stash, the battings are stuck in a closet, I only work on one thing at a time, only have one sewing machine, and I stuff all my thread and scissors and neat little tools and stuff in the desk drawers. DH says he'll make me a hanging area on the side of the cutting table for my rulers, but right now they are in the piano bench to keep them flat. Except for my big JT strip cutter and a couple cutting boards which lean next to the desk right now (yes it will warp them. I cant hang them on the door because it is an antique. )
Any you cant see in the picture but a piece of the ceiling is coming down over the door from when my daughter's radiator leaked down into my room in a major way.

Thanks for the encouragement and Happy New Year!

But hey I am so happy to have a spot, I don't care!

debbieumphress 01-01-2012 08:12 PM

I just watched Ricky Timms Christmas concert on Thequiltshow.com and when you mentioned the pianp in your sewing room, I thought you could play when you took breaks. He likes to and he is marvelous. I wish I could have mine in there. I would learn Cathy Miller's quilt songs....Those are fun. Thanks for sharing....

beadywoman 01-01-2012 09:52 PM

Love it! AND you are a Janome girl! So am I. My wonderful husband is constantly making upgrades in my sewing room for me. He got two lateral files and cubicle desk tops from where he works and set them up for a stable worktop for me - the only draw back is that the table is almost too high now, but I'm making it work. One of these days I hope to have a drop-in surface. He's put so much work into my sewing space that I can't complain - florescent lights, two great work tables, tv and blueray player so I can find YouTube videos, the list goes on and on! We're lucky girls, huh?

Carolndanny 01-02-2012 05:01 AM

Carichar - new quilter

:confused:Love the space really nice, question to you and others who want to give me some advise. I have everything set up however, what does everyone put their scraps into? I've tried a jar, not big enough; I've tried a box, gets filled to easy.
Help!! Any suggestions?

Whigrose 01-02-2012 05:30 AM

Lucky girl! You must be beside yourself with giddiness for all the 'improvements' to your studio. Congrats.

Would you share a bit more on the design wall. I love that it is framed in. DH is at the ready to build one for me, but I'm the holdup. Not exactly sure what I want but if you don't mind, yours looks fabulous and I'd love t 'copy-cat' your idea.

Oh, and love the door handle! (Sorry, I'm notice things like that.)

d

Pieces2 01-02-2012 07:47 AM

Quilters are always organizing and re-organizing to make our sewing space more accomadating.
Our sewing spaces are so personal to us we always want them to be a special space. :)

crafterrn1 01-02-2012 09:25 AM

Love the are and improvements. I have a couple suggestions. 1st get a couple surge protectors and put the sewing machine and the iron on them. 2nd look for the ott lights at Joannes on sale get on for the sewing table. Can you donate the extra furniture in the room to open it up for you. I use an Ikea 25 cube bookcase for storage. Just a few thoughts. Enjoy your new space. Luann

MaryAnnMc 01-02-2012 11:36 AM

How nice. And that's a great desk!

nannyrick 01-02-2012 11:40 AM

Beautiful room.. Lucky you.

SueSew 01-02-2012 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by beadywoman (Post 4832982)
Love it! AND you are a Janome girl! So am I. My wonderful husband is constantly making upgrades in my sewing room for me. He got two lateral files and cubicle desk tops from where he works and set them up for a stable worktop for me - the only draw back is that the table is almost too high now, but I'm making it work. One of these days I hope to have a drop-in surface. He's put so much work into my sewing space that I can't complain - florescent lights, two great work tables, tv and blueray player so I can find YouTube videos, the list goes on and on! We're lucky girls, huh?

We sure are, and it is one of those things I'm thankful for whenever I go into that room! Sounds like your DH has done everything electronic you could ask for and great lighting. What do you put in the lateral files, fabric? or pattern books and stuff?