Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   What do you use to hang rulers and stencils? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/what-do-you-use-hang-rulers-stencils-t306634.html)

NJ Quilter 08-31-2019 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 8296098)
I hang my stencils on a belt hanger circle. It allows me to flip through them and get out the one I want. I must admit though that it has hung on my rod in the sewing room and I haven’t used a stencil for ages. My cutting rulers hang on my peg board and my machine quilting rulers are in a plastic storage box.

I hang my stencils this way as well. Easy peasy. My rulers and cutting mats when not in use, I just sit the narrow edge on the floor between a piece of furniture and some storage bins. No extra hanging space required; no flopping around of cutting mats; rulers are tamed between furniture pieces or mats as use requires.

lindaschipper 09-01-2019 03:38 AM

The ones for use everyday (almost) I hang from my cutting table with large cup hooks. Since this table is a large farm table, both ends and the side that faces me have hooks. Sometimes I have to use a cup hook with a large office binder clip on the ruler to secure them. I simply have too many (confessed ruler, template junkie) to hang them on the wall. Small ones fit into a metal box and fits on a shelf, and others that are not used that often are files in a metal letter file. It works for me!

AlvaStitcher 09-01-2019 03:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My husband screwed some L-shaped hooks to the bottom of my thread rack. It holds my rulers and stencils neatly.[ATTACH=CONFIG]616887[/ATTACH]

klswift 09-01-2019 07:01 AM

I use the dead space of wall next to the door. I have small nails and hang all the rulers. Because they lay 'flat' they do not interfere with the door opening the whole way and they are very easy to see, use and put away.

Ellen 1 09-01-2019 07:16 AM

My cutting rulers are hanging on a nail (wall) at the end of my cutting table. My quilting rulers are hanging on a peg board (behind where I stand) at my longarm. I place the rulers that are from the same set (designer) in a pocket protector to keep them together. For example: Lisa Calle rulers are in one pocket protector, Linda Taylor rulers are in another pocket protector. Etc. etc.

The rulers I use the most (example: Natalia Bonner’s 4-n-1) hangs on its own peg with 3-4 other favorites.

indymta 09-01-2019 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 8296098)
I hang my stencils on a belt hanger circle. It allows me to flip through them and get out the one I want. I must admit though that it has hung on my rod in the sewing room and I haven’t used a stencil for ages. My cutting rulers hang on my peg board and my machine quilting rulers are in a plastic storage box.

This is just what I do too.

Murphy224 09-03-2019 12:54 AM

I use the smallest Command hooks and hang the rulers on the sides, inside the doors, and on the front of cabinets. Basically any flat surface the ruler will fit. Sometimes the smaller rulers will fit 2 or more on a hook.
I also use the wall behind the sewing room door to hang my embroidery machine hoops using the same small Command hooks.

quiltingshorttimer 09-08-2019 06:35 PM

I use a pegboard both in the basement with long arm rulers and stencils and in the sewing room with rulers and my Accuquilt mats. Saves a lot of space having them all up on the wall.

SusieQOH 09-11-2019 03:20 AM

Someone on the board uses a shower rod for rulers. It's fantastic. I just can't figure out how to use one in my sewing room. I wish I could remember who it was.

jmoore 09-12-2019 04:16 AM

I have a large peg board (48x48)where my rulers hang and it is within arms reach of my cutting table.