Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   What are we organizing today (2018j (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/what-we-organizing-today-2018j-t297545.html)

retiredteacher09 12-05-2018 05:12 PM

Rob: I hope you were able to get a lot accomplished today.

I am still working on getting my sewing areas reorganized. I feel I can sit down and sew some at least now. Lol!

Psychomomquilter 12-07-2018 03:30 AM

need to do the living room for one thing, start decorating, then backj to sewing room, still needs mega overhauling (nothing to throw away!! ) so to just get the material in some semblance of order. I never got to do those tubs someone mentioned, now I got 2 more so that is also what is being organized today!

KalamaQuilts 12-08-2018 07:21 AM

we had new carpet installed yesterday so when things go back they will all get a good wash/polish/sweep. Some might even get packed as we are house hunting.

oksewglad 12-08-2018 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 (Post 8171614)
Rob: I hope you were able to get a lot accomplished today.

I am still working on getting my sewing areas reorganized. I feel I can sit down and sew some at least now. Lol!

For me this is an endless process! I hope to get all the pieces cut for a Qsized quilt. Thought I was going to get it all from stash, but ended up getting another 3 FQ's of neutrals to make the connecting blocks look right. Hope to have this done before Christmas. Wish me luck!

rryder 12-08-2018 11:29 AM

SusieQOH- thanks

Retiredteacher09- I did manage to get a lot done, including working on my list, uncovering my work surfaces, etc.

oksewglad- yes, organizing is an on-going project that I fear will never end in my case. Wishing you luck in getting the quilt done before Christmas!!!

rryder 12-19-2018 06:48 AM

Today I’m organizing my stash of Wrapping paper, ribbons and bows. Got a lot done yesterday- all the tissue paper is neatly stored in a labelled box and the wrapping saved from past years that is good enough to re-use (yes, I’m one of those) has been flattened and sorted into xmas, birthday and other categories. Today after I get back from the vet I’ll tackle thebox of tangled ribbon and bows.

Rob

QuiltnNan 12-19-2018 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by rryder (Post 8178723)
... saved from past years that is good enough to re-use (yes, I’m one of those) ...
Rob

more money for fabric LOL

PamelaOry 12-19-2018 09:21 AM

I’ve been bitten by the organizational bug. Hubby is going to put shelves in my closet for Christmas and I ordered some comic book boards and have started wrapping my fabric onto them. One thing I noticed is that after folding my fabric in half again (to 11” from 44”) it is still to big for the 10 1/2” boards. Anyone else have this issue? I bought the boards off amazon and got ones that had a ton of positive reviews from quilters saying they folded in 1/2 which ends up being 11”.

WANNABEE 12-19-2018 01:36 PM

Just keep the extra 1/2" - 1" on top.