Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   What are we organizing today 2019 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/what-we-organizing-today-2019-a-t301969.html)

Maggie8801 12-09-2019 12:10 PM

When I started reading this I did not realize it started in Jan of 2019. What an amaziing amount of ideas. I am organizig my room because we just moved and I am just settling in. Plus a friend is going to start coming to my house each Tuesday to learn how to quilt so I need to look organized. But first! I am taking a nap after reading all of your comments.

jmoore 12-10-2019 04:48 AM

Teen, I cannot wait to see photos of your new sewing space, especially the Murphy bed. DH and I are considering one for a spare bedroom. I also love your coordinating fabric baskets...I imagine your new sewing room will be so colorful.

Claire123 12-12-2019 02:07 AM

I'm adding some borders on a top and will piece the back tomorrow. I need to wrap and finish the holiday decorating after that. Next year I'd like to really work on finishing up some.

I love the fabric baskets and want to make some for odds & ends.

kaycord 12-15-2019 04:15 PM

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but I question if it is better to sort fabrics by light and dark first then sort by colour? Or sort by colour and then by light and dark. This is referring to fabric anywhere from small scraps fat quarters. Thanks for your opinions.

zozee 12-15-2019 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by kaycord (Post 8340666)
Sorry if this has already been addressed, but I question if it is better to sort fabrics by light and dark first then sort by colour? Or sort by colour and then by light and dark. This is referring to fabric anywhere from small scraps fat quarters. Thanks for your opinions.

Depends what you mean by "lights" and "darks," as those terms are relative. A pale blue is dark compared to white, but light compared to navy. And if you're looking for a light blue, would you reach for a bin of lights or a bin of blues? I sort by color so that I don't have to make decisions about lights and darks. I have a bin called Whites, and it includes several white, creams, and other light neutrals.

kaycord 12-15-2019 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by zozee (Post 8340742)
Depends what you mean by "lights" and "darks," as those terms are relative. A pale blue is dark compared to white, but light compared to navy. And if you're looking for a light blue, would you reach for a bin of lights or a bin of blues? I sort by color so that I don't have to make decisions about lights and darks. I have a bin called Whites, and it includes several white, creams, and other light neutrals.

Thanks for your comment, Zozee.

oksewglad 12-16-2019 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by zozee (Post 8340742)

Sound reasoning, zo!

rryder 12-31-2019 01:53 PM

Not sure where all our posts from the past week and a half have gotten to. Just a reminder, we will be starting a new thread for 2020 tomorrow!