Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   What are we organizing today 2020 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/what-we-organizing-today-2020-a-t308882.html)

rryder 11-13-2020 04:39 AM

Connie- I hope he has a speedy recovery and that your grandchildren have managed to avoid getting it.

Julienm1- what a frustrating situation to be in, but it sounds like your plan for going through all the quilting boxes, repacking and relabelling will help alleviate some of it.

This morning I am going to put away the materials for a project that I’ve been working on so that I can have room to work on a new one that has a closer deadline. I had been trying to finish up the one instead of putting it away, but Last night I realized that I was feeling stressed out by having materials for both projects scattered around my studio. Fortunately all the organizing I’ve done over the last few years means that I now have a safe place to put the “in process” project https://cdn.quiltingboard.com/images/smilies/smile.png

Rob

Julienm1 11-13-2020 10:02 AM

Started the search 4.00 am this am. Went thru 7 boxes an found...not what I was looking for. However DID find 1x6 ruler, more rotary blades, seam ripper, fab calculator, felt to make pincushions and aquarium rocks for weight, several patterns that I KNEW I had but no Drunkard's Path templates. If we haven't moved in 3 mo I'll order a new set. Maybe by then shipping charges won't be so expensive.

I hope everyone here is having a wonderful quilting day and hoping if you are waiting for news from family/friends it's what you were hoping for.

Found bobbins I had no idea I had them, more pins, and scissors OMG the different types, length, colors. I told DH I have no business buying anything quilt related until I die...except for DP templates.

Teen 11-13-2020 01:19 PM

Connie...prayed for your son and family this morning. Will continue and have included you, as well. Stay strong and faithful, darlin...hugs!

With so many challenges around me with friends, family, and quilting community, I had to organize my prayer list today so I don’t forget anyone... this is a difficult season for so many of us.

My new motto courtesy of Oksewglad..”Adapt and adjust” and stand strong.

oksewglad 11-13-2020 05:08 PM

Adapt and adjust has been my go to phrase through all the ups and downs of 50 years of dairy farming and life in general, Teen. And then we just "breathe"!

retiredteacher09 11-13-2020 06:49 PM

Thanks for the prayers. My son still isn’t feeling the greatest. I haven’t been in face-to-face contact with them for quite a while. I sure do miss his twice weekly calls on his way home from work though.

Adapt and adjust: I guess we did that when I was growing up on the farm too. I certainly did it when I was teaching and then subbing. Thankful that we are ok with adapting and adjusting especially now.

Julie: Oh so frustrating. I was thinking I missed your move somewhere along the way. Good luck with your organizing of the boxes,

I sorted through more squares while watching a college football game. It sure doesn’t seem like I’m making a dent in the container. Lol!

oksewglad 11-13-2020 07:20 PM

Did your team win, Connie? It's okay if they did here. Now if it was the red and gold team rather than the black and gold that would be a different story!

liking quilting 11-14-2020 04:08 AM

I've been an occasional lurker on this thread and find it inspiring! Finally decided it was time to try the fabric boxes to store fat quarters and my stash of fabrics. I started quilting about ten years ago, and love making scrappy quilts. That means lots of different fabrics. Yikes, my large cupboard was really a mess. Many times I had color grouped folded fabric and stacked them as neatly as possible. Then, the next project and pulling/auditioning of fabrics meant more disorder. I have sewed boxes, sorted and folded fabric all week! It was much more of a project than I ever envisioned it would be and now wonder about some of my earlier fabric choices! The fabrics I know I'll never want to use in a quilt are now going into making of more fabric boxes! I think I'll get finished today (fingers crossed). Looking at my organized efforts does give a warm fuzzy feeling.

ka9sdn 11-14-2020 04:32 AM

Don't now it is organizing but I am going to start the borders on my Frolic today so I have room to start the new Bonnie Hunter mystery in a couple weeks. Have been ill and had arm joint replacement so have not sewn for a long time. Feel better and want this thing done.
Love seeing what everyone else is doing

Julienm1 11-14-2020 05:58 AM

This pattern came yesterday but instead of making a pillow, plan to make a tote for DGD! Making a few adjustments and need to go to JoAnn's to get more fusible. Need to get this done asap due to delays in shipping with USPS. https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...-santa-pattern

oksewglad 11-14-2020 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by liking quilting (Post 8432943)
I've been an occasional lurker on this thread and find it inspiring! Finally decided it was time to try the fabric boxes to store fat quarters and my stash of fabrics. I started quilting about ten years ago, and love making scrappy quilts. That means lots of different fabrics. Yikes, my large cupboard was really a mess. Many times I had color grouped folded fabric and stacked them as neatly as possible. Then, the next project and pulling/auditioning of fabrics meant more disorder. I have sewed boxes, sorted and folded fabric all week! It was much more of a project than I ever envisioned it would be and now wonder about some of my earlier fabric choices! The fabrics I know I'll never want to use in a quilt are now going into making of more fabric boxes! I think I'll get finished today (fingers crossed). Looking at my organized efforts does give a warm fuzzy feeling.

You sound like a normal quilter! Especially one who works from scraps and stash. Isn't it fun to play with the fabrics to find the right pieces? I have made boxes to fit my plastic drawers (2 boxes per drawer), too, using those unwanted good fabrics. Currently have waste triangles in them and can pull the the box out when I want to play with them. Enjoy the warm fuzzy feeling!