Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Who broke into my sewing room and made a mess? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/who-broke-into-my-sewing-room-made-mess-t291828.html)

SusieQOH 10-13-2017 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda K (Post 7924362)
Not so fast with the cleaning yet! I'm in a marathon with 2 baby quilts, a baby book, and a pillow for friend's first grandson. There is fabric, batting and stabilizers all over. Plus there is still a quilt that needs a label and binding to finish. It is for my future son-in-law. Wedding in 3 weeks!

There is no time to clean right now. LOL!

Generally, the room is straightened at end of each day.

We're not allowing any excuses hahahaha :D

Faintly Artistic 10-13-2017 03:05 PM

I think it was the same tornado that hit my room! I had it pretty clean, then got several orders for vintage sheet FQ's. Had to dig to get the right ones and now need to put it all away.

Battle Axe 10-13-2017 03:08 PM

Opened an upstairs closet to put something away and discovered two large tubs of quilting fabric I had totally forgotten about. Oh boy. Mostly large pieces for backs.

Marcia

D.Henson 10-13-2017 03:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yesterday, I just finished putting my stash on those comic boards. It took a while, but I like the results. Now to work on the rest of my room. :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]582206[/ATTACH]

tscweaves 10-13-2017 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by D.Henson (Post 7924492)
Yesterday, I just finished putting my stash on those comic boards. It took a while, but I like the results. Now to work on the rest of my room. :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]582206[/ATTACH]

This looks really good. I will bet it feels good too:-)

QuiltnLady1 10-13-2017 06:36 PM

WOW -- D.Hensen your stash looks great. I love the way it gives you access to your fabric. I had a bunch of my fabrics on comic book boards and discovered the way my dad built the shelves (over 50 years ago and they are one of the only things I have that he made) I can't get the boards and stand them up so I have been ruler folding them again.

greaterexp 10-13-2017 07:27 PM

You’ve done a fabulous job! We recently moved with no attic to store crates of fabric in the new house. It felt surprisingly wonderful to purge tons of fabric that I no longer have to store, and now will be actually used. I still have a stash, but I will actually use the fabric now!

beckyj 10-13-2017 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by quilterpurpledog (Post 7924249)
I feel the nudge! I have a table with stacks of fabric to be put away. If I don't hurry up those stacks will fall over. I really don't mind doing it; however, right now I have a deadline to do items for a boutique craft show the second week-end in November. Then...

can you fit in ten minutes a day, put something away.

Annaquilts 10-13-2017 09:44 PM

Nice! That must be satisfactory. What a great space!

QuiltMom2 10-14-2017 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH (Post 7924287)
I'm doing the same thing right now. That person made it to Ohio after they left your house haha :D

That person must have quickly made it into my place in Maryland too!