Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Rearranged and Organized my Sewing Room >

Rearranged and Organized my Sewing Room

Rearranged and Organized my Sewing Room

Old 05-26-2020, 03:16 AM

Doesn’t it feel great to have it tidy and organized? You have a wonderful space to be creative...great job!
Old 05-28-2020, 06:11 PM
Power Poster

You did a great job organizing your sewing room.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:51 PM

It looks great! I love that you have a bin for “beach” fabrics! Well done.
Old 05-29-2020, 04:05 AM

That looks like a wonderful space. You have inspired me to get bins to keep my fabrics in on the shelf. Much neater than just piling them up there.

Watson
Old 05-30-2020, 01:06 AM

What a great looking sewing room. Just add a microwave next to the refrigerator & you could live in there! I love the sign that says "I love that you're my mom".
Old 05-30-2020, 05:01 PM

That's inspiration for me! Thanks for posting and showing what a great space you have to create.
Old 05-30-2020, 06:59 PM

What a wonderful spacious sewing studio you have. For the past 30 years, I have had an 8x8 room, filled with sewing machine desk, a huge 4 drawer cupboard, bookcases, pegboard and of drawer totes that fill the walls to the ceiling. As soon as I finish the weighted blanket and T-shirt quilt for two high school graduating granddaughters, I will be taking over a 12x14 room that served as a playroom when the kids were little and now holds a queen sized hide-a-bed for extra company, a love seat, a huge piano.and a six foot folding table I've been using for a cutting table. Started to get rid of the furniture with exception of the piano that I can't find a new owner for. Am so anxious to commence getting my fabric out of totes,get wrapped on thin bolts and onto shelves. I have many fat quarter bags full of such. Currently those bags & all other fabric is 'stuck' in the bedrooms upstairs and a LOT of it !!! My house will look different when I'm done.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 05-31-2020 at 03:53 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 05-31-2020, 03:45 AM

Sharon, I look forward to seeing what you do with your space. I am just trying so hard to keep my room neat after all of the work getting it there.
Old 06-03-2020, 09:52 AM

as my nephew says...."you don't have a house....you have sewing studio that you cook and sleep in.....he even suggested moving my long arm up to my living room as it would be more pleasant then in my unfinished basement.....my current strategy is to organize by donating some of my excess fabric to my church mask making team....however, it is still hard for me to part with fabric even though I have way more than I could ever use....so...I am resolved to let some of it go to a good cause....we just had a request for more children sized masks....
Old 06-03-2020, 01:54 PM
Power Poster

Looks like a great place to create!