Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Sewing room carpet floor >

Sewing room carpet floor

Sewing room carpet floor

Old 10-20-2017, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by grammy Dwynn View Post
I also have carpet in my sewing room and it is hard to move the chair. But I intentionally have my iron board across the room, to make me get up and move. It is not good for us to sit all the time!
I do the same. Years ago, I heard a chiropractor who was also a sewer speak. One of the things she emphasized was not to sit too long that its very bad for your back and body in general so I always set up my sewing room with the ironing board across the room from the sewing machine so that I have to get up every so often. I also like my sewing room upstairs for the same reason. When I'm sewing on weekends (my main sewing time since I work) and also doing laundry, I have to get up every half hour or so and go downstairs for laundry. I consider it part of my exercise. I do the same when parking, I always park way out in the lot so I have to walk to get to the store. It ads a bit of exercise and a few hundred steps on my fitbit.
Old 10-21-2017, 06:02 AM

I am in the same situation with carpeting and also have office mats down. It is a good idea to get up and move around. It's all personal preference, of course.