Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2020 >

What are we organizing today 2020

What are we organizing today 2020

Old 01-26-2020, 08:02 PM
Power Poster

It is amazing how much yardage there is in scraps! I got the small table cleaned off in the family room; now the Grands have a place to draw, etc. It had become a landing spot for my "stuff" as I sorted. Again I am amazed at how many bags/sacks/small containers I have emptied as I have been organizing...There is light at the end of the tunnel!
Old 01-27-2020, 05:17 AM

Thanks to all for sharing your tips.

Tall chick, Those containers are perfect sizes. I like that the corners are more square shaped to store fabrics or FQ. Thanks!

Teen, Your hutch is pretty. You are making progress too.
Old 01-29-2020, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by Teen View Post
Christine...love it. I've been considering getting one of these, too.

Connie....good for you in tackling the linen closet. I dreaded sorting and packing mine and used my old sheets to wrap around my quilts to move and store them. I ended up cutting my sheets to place a small piece in between my stacked heirloom quilts in the curio quilt display. I remember reading somewhere that it keeps from transferring quilt colors. Not sure if true but it doesn't hurt to try, I guess.
Good idea with the sheets. There are so many things that you can do with old sheets. I use mine to make cloths to strain things in in the kitchen, facial cloths and makeshift bandages in the bathroom, pillow inserts for my decor in the living room and small bags to store my quilting projects in the sewing room.

~ C
Old 01-29-2020, 02:25 PM

I went through my Accuquilt Dies and only kept 12 of them and the cutter. I added the ones I selected to my sell pile and got every last item listed this past weekend! I’ve spent a hour or so each night going through all my electronic/PDF Patterns and renaming them as they should be, and deleting the ones that no longer interest me, I should be done tonight! This weekend my goal is going through my books and thinning those out, and organizing my peg board where I have all my rulers. While I didn’t meet my goal of being totally done by the end of January, I can say that I’m 95% done and I’m really looking forward to spending more time sewing.
Old 01-29-2020, 02:51 PM

Tropit....Great ideas, too. I especially like the pillow form/insert idea. I make a lot of pillows and buy forms all the time. I'm going to do this! Thank you!

tallchick....you are so the organizing queen. Amazing all you have accomplished. Super proud of you and very impressed...

I organized my painting supplies today. They were a jumbled mess after the move and I Was continually digging through and pulling out and putting back what I needed with no thought. With Spring around the corner, I have some projects I want to do so now...I know what I need and what I Don't need. Hubbie organized a corner in our garage shelves for me to store my supplies, too. Bring on the Spring!
Old 02-01-2020, 01:27 PM

Starting tomorrow I am going to spend 15 minutes each day undecorating the Christmas tree. My goal is to have everything put away by Valentines Day. Not sure if that counts as organizing, but there it is. LOL

Rob
Old 02-01-2020, 02:06 PM

Teen- you have me intrigued by your mention of painting supplies, you’re an amazing quilter would love to see some of your other work!

rryder- I don’t think this this category is limited to just quilting or sewing! I think it covers anything and everything! I love Christmas decorations but not in my home, too much work, and it’s just me.

I went through all my books and parted ways with 30 of them! I got all my magazines into holders and sorted by publication, and dates and the holders marked accordingly, at some point I will go trough each one and get rid of ones that have no patterns I like in them. I’m still on the fence about how to do all my books, author, title or subject, any suggestions?? I’ll mull that over this weekend. I got my ex hubby coming this week to redo my lighting for the second time 🤪, there is still not enough light, and I hope this time I’m happy with it. Then maybe I can get some painters in here soon, but I can say I’m finally done!
This entire process was really a wake up call as to how much fabric, sewing paraphernalia, books, etc. I really have and how much I definitely don’t need to buy any more! I’m really thankful for the free section in Craigslist, it really helped the process go quicker to get big items out of the way! Most items were gone the same day.
Old 02-01-2020, 02:36 PM

Not sewing but essential. I organized a new file for our essential papers. It took me all week because my brain just refused to stay with it. So I quilted a while, filed, cleaned some on the house, filed end. But today I finished. My husband will shred the old papers and we will be done for another year.
Old 02-01-2020, 09:31 PM

I am really working on organizing my sewing room and have made lots of progress. Bins are better organized and everything looks better. The starting point for me was donating a huge mountain of things and identifying other things to give away. I have also worked on using up small scraps and cleaning off a table. It may take a few more months, but I am feeling optimistic about having a clean, organized and presentable sewing space.
Old 02-04-2020, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Claire123 View Post
I am really working on organizing my sewing room and have made lots of progress. Bins are better organized and everything looks better. The starting point for me was donating a huge mountain of things and identifying other things to give away. I have also worked on using up small scraps and cleaning off a table. It may take a few more months, but I am feeling optimistic about having a clean, organized and presentable sewing space.
Totally agree.
Starting point for me is donating. I can see this progress and it motivates me to keep going. We stayed at a house that was a hoarders dream. Things might be very valuable but when they put current activity in jeaporady, they're just a nuicance.