Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2020 >

What are we organizing today 2020

What are we organizing today 2020

Old 11-21-2020, 01:03 PM

Tallchick- that looks great.

Petthefabric- Neat idea to start by making backs and then picking fabric to go with.

After thinking hard about what was causing me to feel so overwhelmed, I realized it was having the big butterfly undone and also having committed to a Dec. 5 deadline for another piece. Therefore, I’ve decided to put my head down and slog through getting both of those done before worrying about getting the other things done. I have put myself on a schedule of working on the deadline piece in the mornings and spending the late afternoons fixing the big butterfly. I think I can get them both done and out of my hair by next weekend. Then I can prioritize my other “want to dos” and “need to dos” which will help me organize my time for the rest of the year.

Rob
Old 11-21-2020, 01:36 PM

Pet...My issue is not having enough for backs. Over the last 2 years, I’ve been using my bolts for backings and now I’m limited. This is a good thing, I guess but I like your idea and will do that should I have a backing option.

Rob.... easy to get overwhelmed....one thing at a time will surely do the trick.

Believe it or not, I have a dozen boxes of books that I never unpacked. Mostly cuz I wasn’t sure what I wanted still. Mostly, the boxes are my psych books so I reorganized the office built-in bookshelves that the carpenter built for us and started to sort. I don’t need all of them so, I unpacked the books and reference materials I refer to the most. My Hubbie was very happy to see me do this today.. lol..
Old 11-22-2020, 11:37 AM

Wow impressed with so many clever ideas-Great job Everyone. I have finally realized why I don't like spending time in my sewing room-way to crowded but as I sit & stare trying to figure out what I can get rid of I come up empty so maybe a tab bit of reorganizing, we will see if I come up with anything. My main issue is if I can't see it, it I tend to forget I have it.
Old 11-22-2020, 05:25 PM

craftiladi: I understand not seeing it and then forgetting about it. I have some UFOs that are hiding away. I know where they are but just don't think about working on them. They may not even be recorded. Lol.

Thank you for the prayers for my son, DIL, and grandson. My DIL and 9 month old grandson tested positive also. Thankfully, my grandson only was sick for part of a day. Funny part for him is that he finally decided to crawl on all 4s instead of army style and started pulling himself up on everything right when he tested positive. Very blessed that he didn't have any side effects. My DIL was still having some symptoms yesterday.
Old 11-22-2020, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by craftiladi View Post
Wow impressed with so many clever ideas-Great job Everyone. I have finally realized why I don't like spending time in my sewing room-way to crowded but as I sit & stare trying to figure out what I can get rid of I come up empty so maybe a tab bit of reorganizing, we will see if I come up with anything. My main issue is if I can't see it, it I tend to forget I have it.
my problem too then I order again only to later find I already had it
Old 11-27-2020, 10:49 AM

I have been going through my quilting files on my tablet and laptop. Some of the ideas are being saved and/or printed but others are being deleted. It feels good to clean the clutter off of my devices.

Have a great day!
Old 11-27-2020, 07:04 PM

Today I was sewing with reckless abandon making scrappy 6.5" blocks, 2 colors/print per block. I need 63. Tomorrow I start assembling what I sewed today. The issue is when I pull fabric of course I don't use up everything I pull so I have to put left overs back. I do try to put it back where it should go since my stash is organized by color on the bookshelf. BUT that last armful ends up just plopped on a shelf and I call it done. Time to go to bed and rest up for another day of wild, colorful sewing experience.
Old 11-28-2020, 05:18 AM

Julienm1- the hardest part of organizing for me is maintaining it. I do eventually get things put back where they belong, but when I’m in the middle of a project stuff gets everywhere. It’s still better than it was when I first started the journey since things actually have a place to go to when I do get around to putting them away

Rob
Old 11-29-2020, 04:21 PM

Looking forward to 2021. By by covid19
Old 12-09-2020, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
I am going to find all pieces of fabric big enough for backing and keep them separately so that I don't cut them up accidentally, as that would send me shopping and I would certainly buy more than I need!
I've done the same. I pin tags on my backings now so it's glaringly obvious that they're backings.