Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2022 >

What are we organizing today 2022

What are we organizing today 2022

Old 09-01-2022, 12:17 PM

Got a tote out of the sewing room. It had yard, lace, etc. it also had a wad; cut off the yarn going into it and threw it away.
Lace went to lace tote. DMC went into a bag, then back into tote. Tote went inti garage storage. Two more boxes and 1 lg tote to go. Some drawers are needed before these can be emptied.

And took a big bag of fashion patterns, 3 totes, UFO’s, sorted scrapes to guild…..all gone
Old 09-05-2022, 05:05 PM

Looked at one box that was packed in another box. Opened it and I'm in trouble now. Filled with red work patterns, white fabric,floss. I've done a lot of red work but when I stared sewing for Project Linus, embroideryi went by the wayside.

Fingers are starting to itch. Maybe I'll do embroidery once a week. You approve? lol
Old 09-17-2022, 08:45 AM

So much progress everyone, thanks for all the inspiration! Things have calmed down after 7 weeks of chaos and sadness and today I was able to get my cutting table and desk cleared and everything in its place. I also put some quilt kits together, as well as fabrics sorted and put away. I now have 3 more cats and they are currently confined to my studio in the basement as I slowly introduce them to my 2 resident cats. I hope to find them homes, but lets face reality, that’s not likely to happen, one is a little hellion and those with cats know what that means!
I am now going to spend the rest of the day working on my bazillion HST quilt so that I may call it done and work on a new project.
Old 09-20-2022, 04:31 AM
Power Poster

I bought 3 units from Ikea and my sweet husband put them all together for me. The instructions are non-existent on those things but the final result is great..
So...... I've been in my sewing room for a few days going through the entire room. I've gotten rid of so much I know I'm never going to use.
Still at it today!
Old 09-20-2022, 04:39 AM

Three cheers for you on the new purchases but more importantly acknowledging that some of what you were keeping was just not going to be used by you. Passing it on is often difficult but in the end the new open space is refreshing. Hip, Hip Horray!
Old 09-20-2022, 10:59 AM

Yeah Susie

Ordered 2 tool chests with wood tops. One is for the cutting mat. The other is for “big board”. And lots of drawers. They have 5” casters and power strips.

Also ordered batting. When it’s here will get insulation board to make design walls. It’s coming together.

Last edited by petthefabric; 09-20-2022 at 11:03 AM.
Old 09-20-2022, 01:06 PM

Good job Susie!

Petthefabric- I've been wanting one of those tool chests for years. Don't have room for one, but still look at them with lust in my heart (to paraphrase Jimmy Carter). Glad to hear your relocated quilting room is coming together.

Rob
Old 09-20-2022, 04:11 PM
Power Poster

Haha, Rob- love your paraphrasing our former President! I remember that

Thanks, everyone. I'm going a bit stir-crazy but the results are going to be worth it! Got rid of 2 more HUGE bags today!
I've been in a rut lately regarding sewing and I think part of it was because my room was such a mess and very disorganized. My husband actually is a lot better than I am with that. He helped me figure out what to buy, how to arrange, etc.
Old 09-21-2022, 03:19 AM

Pet and Suzie what ambition and perseverance. So good to hear about your journeys to success. I do remind myself from time to time about how refreshing it is to clear away the excess. It is life giving to breathe deep and smile when your sewing space is filled with what you love and will use rather than swim through what you have accumulated.
Old 09-21-2022, 03:31 AM

SusieQ, I’m sure it feels nice to purge some of your unused items. Now that summer has settled down, I am craving to get back in my sewing studio and do some purging.

PTF, you will love having a design wall…don’t forget to share photos.