Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2022 >

What are we organizing today 2022

What are we organizing today 2022

Old 01-19-2022, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
Containers came early and arrived last night!

I think they are going to be great, pretty much exactly the same size so should be able to transfer from cardboard to plastic pretty easily.
Iceblossom, I am a big fan of that style of container. My mum uses them for her dressmaking fabrics and I have picked up the habit.

I'm moving house tomorrow, so will have the challenge of fitting everything into my slightly smaller sewing room, but it's my first house (as opposed to completely rented), so I'm excited!

I think I am at a slightly different stage in my journey to some of you, as I will also have to brace myself for the influx of all the spare fabric I used to keep at my parents place, waiting until I bought somewhere... wish me luck! Those of you with children and grandchildren, take pity on them when they move and give them a week or so before you finally move their stuff out of your storage
Worse than my quilting fabric is going to be all of my childhood books.......
Old 01-19-2022, 12:19 PM
Power Poster

I headed for the sewing room today and ( as usual) got sidetracked. But, it was good. I cleaned up the utility room, got the old cabinet humidifier we don’t use anymore out of there, along with the box of filters for it then boxed some miscellaneous items that were just sitting in there for no reason. Took a chair out to the garage that’s been sitting in there for 2 months. The room looks so much better, clean and tidy. Then I went into the sewing room and decided to continue putting things away, cleaning up. I put stuff away, finally boxed up 7 quilts that I’ve needed to ( deliver) for months- decided I was never going to manage delivering in person so into flat rate boxes & off the to post office I went. Such a relief to finally have them on their way. After running errands I went back in and pressed and paired up pieces for the next part of the 2005 ufo I’m working on then decided I’d had enough for today- time for a break. Since I got errands done today I have all day tomorrow to make progress on that ufo and hopefully make some progress on quilting Ben’s quilt that’s loaded up- I’m right to the center of it. I have to work Friday Saturday and Sunday .
Old 01-19-2022, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Crafty_Woodmouse View Post
Iceblossom, I am a big fan of that style of container. My mum uses them for her dressmaking fabrics and I have picked up the habit.

I'm moving house tomorrow, so will have the challenge of fitting everything into my slightly smaller sewing room, but it's my first house (as opposed to completely rented), so I'm excited!

I think I am at a slightly different stage in my journey to some of you, as I will also have to brace myself for the influx of all the spare fabric I used to keep at my parents place, waiting until I bought somewhere... wish me luck! Those of you with children and grandchildren, take pity on them when they move and give them a week or so before you finally move their stuff out of your storage
Worse than my quilting fabric is going to be all of my childhood books.......
Congratualtions on your first purchased home! How exciting for you….take your time in organizing your home’s functionality…it will change over time but if you stay on top of the evolution of your home, you’ll be much less stressed….hopefully, your parents will help you transition the “childhood stuff” without the pressure but they’ve stored that stuff for you for a long time, I’m assuming, so I can understand their desire to start this new chapter in their life, too. Have fun!!
Old 01-20-2022, 06:58 AM

Currently, I am redoing my bathroom. With this reconstruction, the closet that shares a wall is now redesigned to hold my materials. The shelved will be spaced to hold bolts and smoothly sanded and painted to be gentle to hold all my treasures.

I'm excited to finally all organized and back in place soon.
Old 01-25-2022, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by babyquiltlady View Post
Currently, I am redoing my bathroom. With this reconstruction, the closet that shares a wall is now redesigned to hold my materials. The shelved will be spaced to hold bolts and smoothly sanded and painted to be gentle to hold all my treasures.

I'm excited to finally all organized and back in place soon.

Please post pics when you get a chance!

Today I'm trying to make some progress on the October Color Block quilt. I went through my list of UFOs and picked two to work on in Feb. and March, but in order to get those done, I first have to finish piecing the October Color Block which is being tedious... I'm approaching it in the same way I do a decluttering project. Choose one area to work on for no more than an hour each day and do that until the whole space (or quilt top in this case) is done. At this rate, I think I'll have the top finished by the end of the week, possibly sooner. I also need to address my batting scraps- I've got some big pieces that need to be stitched together and a bunch of smaller ones that need to be chopped up for pillow stuffing so that's my organizing goal for the next couple of days.

Who's working on what this week?

Rob
Old 01-25-2022, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Teen View Post
Congratualtions on your first purchased home! How exciting for you….!
Thanks Teen! I've just got everything where I want it for now - most importantly my sewing room is set up all handy. Not a huge load of space (given it's also the room with the sofa bed), but I'm seeing potential for some stacking boxes, a cotton rack on the wall, and probably clearing out a drawer of the dressing table behind....

sewingroom.jpg
Old 01-25-2022, 05:05 PM

Keep up the great organizing everyone!

Crafty Woodmouse: Nice sewing room area.

I have been working on organizing the scraps that have somehow overtaken several areas of my sewing room! I finally emptied a milk crate of overflowing scraps from various projects. I gave everything a quick press and have most of it put away. I'm hoping to get the rest done tomorrow. Then I will work on scraps that are on flat surfaces.

Last edited by retiredteacher09; 01-25-2022 at 05:08 PM.
Old 01-26-2022, 05:12 AM

Finished donation quilts last night so today and tomorrow organizing fabric room and sewing room. Doing fabric room first since that's the biggest challenge (sp). While fondling "new to me fab" (which means I forgot I had it) I'm thinking what I can do with that piece or yardage which slows me down. Just need to move forward and forget about the next project, right? Coffee break over. Back to work.
Old 01-26-2022, 06:30 AM

Julie, I am very impressed with your energy and commitment!
Old 01-26-2022, 06:45 AM

Grats to Craftywoodmouse! Woohoo, a sewing room of one's own is an important step. Even if we have to share it with guests.

No big things or fabric organization but I have filled up a fabric tub or two just replacing full cardboard box for the new plastic containers. Being able to stack them better will make a much smaller footprint.

Small things... so many huge things to do but I am trying to do what I can and where... Went through my spice rack the other day. Tossed a bunch of old dried up spices and things that hadn't been used in years... Gathered together the scattered packages of tea, again, some got tossed but now I have a box of stuff to go through and decide what to keep. Most are going to go but I wasn't up to the decision making, just the collection of similar items.

I need to set up an area for things that will be making the move with us (like the vinyl albums) but aren't in daily use. Looked at getting a storage unit for six months but it seems like their availability is low and the prices are higher than I'd like. Taking the albums out of the (not going) entertainment center, stacking them nicely, and then being able to stack more on top of them will be a good place to start and can be done in a day. I ordered special heavy weight vinyl album sized boxes.