Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Who broke into  my sewing room and made a mess? >

Who broke into my sewing room and made a mess?

Who broke into my sewing room and made a mess?

Old 10-14-2017, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnLady1 View Post
WOW -- D.Hensen your stash looks great. I love the way it gives you access to your fabric. I had a bunch of my fabrics on comic book boards and discovered the way my dad built the shelves (over 50 years ago and they are one of the only things I have that he made) I can't get the boards and stand them up so I have been ruler folding them again.
you can cut the comic boards to the right size so they will fit. That’s what I do with mine so they fit in my drawer units. I just measure what length will fit, cut them to size and then fold my fabric around them. That way I can stand them on their sides in my drawer units with the the fold facing up so I can see everything in the drawer at a glance. I save the cut off pieces to use for organizing scraps that I don’t want to cut up and also embellishments like ribbons, yarns etc. so they don’t ge tangled up.

Rob
Old 10-14-2017, 04:14 AM

Well now that person left Maryland and is in Texas! LOL Sure does get around!
Old 10-14-2017, 04:41 AM
Power Poster

Like Santa!!! Maybe he borrowed his map hahahaha

D Henson- I love your arrangement!
Old 10-14-2017, 05:13 AM

D.Hensen and rryder, how much fabric are you putting on your boards. I have the boards but do not know what length of fabric to put on them.
I have been sorting my fabrics and have donated a lot to a church quilt group. The make and send things to US states and others abroad.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:46 PM

It doesn't take long to make a mess of my sewing room-Grandson made a pillowcase last week and extra fabric is still sitting out. Granddaughter came over today and used the machine all day - I cut circles out of jeans. My big machine is in the shop so I'm trying to get other projects done that don't require a machine. Which of course makes another mess! I can either have a clean room or work on projects!
Old 10-14-2017, 09:01 PM

I'm inspired several times a year. But the inspiration passes. Mind you, I can organize anything. The problem I have is that I am far better at taking things out than I am at putting them back...
Old 10-15-2017, 02:10 AM

I've started a project that I am really enjoying (handsewing hexagons for a hopefully queen sized quilt). I am using that as a reward for time spent organizing and cleaning. Right now, we are getting ready for our trip back South. I plan to use the same reward for motivation on organizing my sewing space when we get down there. It's a good project to do with my morning coffee too -a waking up project.
My hubby taught me about using a reward system way back when. Sure beats the guilt system I grew up with.
Old 10-15-2017, 02:11 AM

By the way, both sewing spaces/baskets look great. I always love to look at other people's sewing spaces.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:03 AM

I clean, organize and then do another project. There is this one corner of the room that always ends up with a big pile of stuff. I’ll make it go away again soon.