Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Near Janesville WI?

I know alot of WI gals are North and over by Lake Michican....but anyone close to me, lol?!

Not close, but not sooo far. My grandma's first teaching job was in Whitewater, during the Depression!

I am in Fox Valley area...hope you can find some quilters near you!

Maia, thats pretty neat!

I am not so far either. I live in IL but about an hour from Janesville. Hubby went to Whitewater for his teaching degree.

It would be neat if we could get a bunch of us together for lunchor something sometime! Would love to meet ya seamstome!

I live near Clinton.

You probably are already familiar with this, but it's worth a try :D

There's a wonderful quilt shop in Beloit (not far, right?). Maybe they have classes--it's a great way to meet other quilters.

I miss the Beloit shop soooo much. My friend's daughter attended college there, and we would visit the shop every time we could! The daughter is now back in MI and we're just dying to find a way to go back :lol:

MaryKay, I have been there, only once butit was a really nice shop! Come visit sometime, there are SO many shops here now.....all right around Janesville, Milton, Whitewater area!

Blog Entries
    Not real close, but I live 40 minutes north of Madison in Pardeeville.

I'm close enough for a nice day trip...let me know what you plan.

I'm from Kewaunee ... east of Green Bay on Lake Michigan!

I know Pardeeville--Aunt was in nursing home for years. I am in Deforest twice a month visiting my Mom. I also have a sister-in-law (who quilts also) who lives on the Wisconsin River outside Portage. She comes this way a lot--loves all the quilt stores we have around here. I'm up for a meet sometime soon. Earlier in the week is better for me--how about you?

Hi I am from freeport Il, only about an hour away for you.

Freeport, that's near Orangeville! Just found that shop last month. Janesville is a nice middle ground. That shop is not my style but I would love to get together. I have never been to the Beloit one. Then there is one in Elkhorn and of course my favorite is Waunakee.

Hi, I live about 30 miles south of Whitewater, between East Troy and Waterford. Haven't been to Whitewater in a long time. I could meet you sometime. Isn't there a LQS in Whitewater? I Know there is one in Elkhorn.

If you like Waunakee you will also really like Loose Threads in Milton. It has friendly people, loads of batiks, flannels, and lots of inspiration all over the walls. It's about 15 minutes off of I-90 or about that far from Janesville.

Hi there, I live very near Mukwonago.....about 30 miles east of Whitewater.....would be fun to meet up sometime...I am looking for some quilting friends!!

I know Mukwanago--used to go to that sale on stationary they had there. It's not that far from here. Just jump on 43--head toward Beloit and you're here in about 25 minutes. It would be fun to meet up somewhere.

Senior Member quilter in the making's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lauriequilts
    Not real close, but I live 40 minutes north of Madison in Pardeeville.
    Live south of Rockford in IL, but not too far away. Used to go through Pardeeville every summer on our way to the lake where we vacationed.

Quote Originally Posted by dottiequilts
    I know Mukwanago--used to go to that sale on stationary they had there. It's not that far from here. Just jump on 43--head toward Beloit and you're here in about 25 minutes. It would be fun to meet up somewhere.
    I think it would be too...we will have to work on that.

Would love to get together! Janesville has one that has lots of Civil War, and dark prints, some 30s. They also have a JoAnns, and a Hobby Lobby. Milton, has the nice one, Loose Threads. WHitewater has one that is small, but really nice. Then theres a shop by Fort Atkinson that has a lot of 30s, baby, batiks.......lots of nice places for lunch too!

I am in IL in Round Lake Beach which is about 30-40 min to Janesville I believe. I go over to Woodstock sometimes with my are league and that is an hour away. Opps "arT" league.

I have a brother and sister-in-law that live in Jefferson, WI. We usually visit them once or twice a year. Have you been to the cute little quilt shop in Jefferson? Actually, there are a lot of cute quilt shops around there....lucky you!!!

I live in Stoughton, WI. We have a great quilt shop called Saving Tyme. It takes me about 30 minutes to get to Janesville on I 90. Would love to meet some other quilters. I pretty new though so don't expect alot of great designs coming from me!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast