Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Anyone near Marietta, GA

Blog Entries

Anyone near Marietta, GA

My DH has a conference there the last week of August. He wants me to go with him. I googled and found a couple quilt shops. I was hoping to find someone in the area to shop and have lunch with. Hoping a quilter will help me enjoy this trip. I really don't look forward to spending 5 days alone in a hotel room.

I'd love to join you, but I'm 3 hours south of Marietta. But you are sure to make new friends at the Scarlett Thread quilt Shop. Google it and be amazed! Easy to find and just off I-75.

Blog Entries
    1-888-455-2940 FABRIC.COM
    2151 Suite 500, Marietta, GA 30067

Wish I could join you also, but I'm about 3 hours South of Marietta also. I purchase from Fabric.Com and understand they have a huge store. You might want to check them out with a phone call. Could be they could connect you with someone. Let us know how your visit turns out.
    Abiding in the Vine

I live just north of Marietta and would love to meet up with you. Always enjoy meeting new people.

[I] am also about 3 hours away -just too far hope you have a great time/

Blog Entries
    I'm so glad to hear a couple of you want to get together. I'll let you all know when we get our travel plans complete. Thanks

I'm to far, but I know that Red Hen Fabrics is in Marietta - oh, I wish I was there for you! One of my favorite places to visit.
    I hope you find someone is close. When I went on my trip to Arlington, Texas I loved meeting two of the quilters. I had a great time with them!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bjeriann View Post
    My DH has a conference there the last week of August. He wants me to go with him. I googled and found a couple quilt shops. I was hoping to find someone in the area to shop and have lunch with. Hoping a quilter will help me enjoy this trip. I really don't look forward to spending 5 days alone in a hotel room.
    If it is not too late, let me suggest two quilt shops near Marietta. They are both less than a mile from each other and both really unique in what they feature.

Contact persons:

Sylvia Davis [email protected]

"Robin Jones"

I think you might spend one day with one quilter and maybe one with another. Then they can suggest other places to visit.

Good luck,
    GramMER to eighteen, plus two great-granddaughters and four adopted greats soon we hope!

Blog Entries
    I have no idea why Robin's address did not show up in the last message, but let me give this a try again.

"Robin Jones" [email protected]
    GramMER to eighteen, plus two great-granddaughters and four adopted greats soon we hope!

Blog Entries
    Thanks GramMER for the names. I will email them asap.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tessasmom View Post
    I live just north of Marietta and would love to meet up with you. Always enjoy meeting new people.
    We found out we will be staying in Duluth at The Marriott at Gwinnett Place. That looks like a good hour or so drive to Marrietta. I'll PM you.

Banned
    There are 3 quilt shops over in the Marietta area that I enjoy going too.

Red Hen - www.redhenfabrics.com

Little Quilts - www.littlequilts.com

Tiny Stitches - www.tinystitches.com

I have not been to the new one in Kennesaw yet, it is quite a drive for me to get over that way.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the shop names and websites. Can't wait to see them. I have them mapped out ready to go.