Discount quilt fabric in KS?

Old 09-20-2010, 02:28 PM

I'm staying all week in DeSoto KS (a little Southwest of Kansas City) and was wondering if anybody knew any good quilt fabric places that are discount priced. Have found 3 great quilt shops - in Lawrence and surrounding towns, but they are premium priced. Anybody from the area know any good shopping places? The quilt shop people usually don't tell you. Today I got a map of last year's shop hop map and went to some of those. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:06 AM

GARNETT, KS HAS A VERY GOOD ONE. ALMOST ALL FABRIC IS

LESSRHAN 5 DOLLARS A YARD.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:08 AM

I looked that town up on the map. It is a little over an hour from here but would make the trip just for something to do (hubby shooting in a big rifle match and me in a camper), but I need to know the name of the place. Thanks. Teresa
Old 09-26-2010, 08:29 AM

Don't know how far you are from Overland Park, but there's a fabric store there with the best cottons at a reasonable price. The name of the store is: Addadi's and it's near the main Overland Park Library, not far off the freeway. He's also online: Addadisfabrics.com and I believe there are directions. Have fun!!
Old 09-26-2010, 09:25 AM

Well, when I was coming back from KS City to the gun range yesterday, I put "fabric" into my Garmin GPS and it came up with Adidis and I went. Funny, none of the fabric stores in the area told me about him when I asked about other places. I got some neat Free Spirit pieces among others and the fella was really nice. A Jew from Israel. Prices were great! Thanks. Teresa
Old 09-26-2010, 10:56 AM

Glad you found it. Don't know why the stores wouldn't tell you about him, unless it's the fact that his prices are lower than theirs!! lol I love going there!! His name is Jacob and his wife is Mary...both lovely people.