fabric outlets, mill ends

Old 12-25-2010, 04:35 PM

Does anyone know where there is fabric outlets in virginia, penn and maybe southern states?
Old 12-26-2010, 08:54 AM

No idea but will certainly be watching this topic. I am in VA.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:01 AM

Come to Texas! We have several in the Dallas area.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:30 AM

If you will be in south central/southeastern Pennsylvania, there are 2 outlets called "Pennsylvania Fabric Outlet": the larger is at 415 Bosler Ave. Lemoyne, PA just west of Harrisburg and the other is at 2460 New Holland Pike (Rt. 23) just east of Lancaster. Both have lots of trims, buttons and various notions plus a variety of fabrics, all at a good discount. In and around Lancaster County there are many quilting fabric shops & most have areas of very nice bargain fabric within the shops. I think especially of Cedar Lane Dry Goods near New Holland and The Quilt and Fabric Shack on Route 340 between Intercourse and Bird-in-Hand who consistently have quite a good bargain selection, plus the prices to begin with are very reasonable compared to many other areas of the US! ( We're very spoiled here :) ) About 15 minutes farther east in the vilage of Goodville, "Obies" store is chock full of (Lancaster Co. full price) fabrics & across the road there is a rather new fabric outlet well worth visiting which has nice discount cottons and other fabrics, including wool, some notions & other findings which varied each time I have been there.
As a rather new quiter, I have learned so much from the Quilter's Message Board and I'm glad to be able to contribute a bit by answering this question. Hope this helps and happy shopping -- Bonnie
Old 12-26-2010, 10:32 AM

You have me wanting to live in that area. They sound wonderful. I live in NM. Do you know of any in this area? Just wondering.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:29 PM

Where in the Dallas area????
I live in the Oak Cliff area of Dallas, and have been here for a short time. I would love to find some of these factory outlets in the area. I need to find fabric that is REASONABLY priced!! Especially now that the price of fabrics are starting to go up along with everything else!!!
Old 12-26-2010, 01:33 PM

This would be a great resource for all of us - maybe listed by state? I would love to find some discounts places in my area too. We have the LA Garment district, but I don't want to go there alone.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:43 PM

Wow, Thank you so very much for the great info. Lancaster is a great palce to visit. That would make a nice long weekend trip. I will definetly save this.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:47 PM

I went to the fabric district but the problem is the fabric becomes heavy and i really needed a wheeled cart.. One of those bags that has wheels would be great. My husband was at a training session and my sister in law took me. I was shocked at the selection. I have been traveling to cancun every year for about 12 years and just found a fabric section there. Fabric was sold in metric and no one spoke english a real hoot but i found some beautiful pieces
Old 12-26-2010, 02:29 PM

Oh...I know one...on Maui there is a quilt shop there...I think it was called Fabric Mart - they had cottons and tons of Hawaiian prints. I bought a lot of that for some outside curtains for our Patio! I love them. The only drawback is that it was not air conditioned. Prices were pretty good.