Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Huron Quilt Retreat - Are we repeating last years??

Huron Quilt Retreat - Are we repeating last years??

Last fall we had a fabulous quilt retreat put on by Onalee with the help of her family and friends at a camp in Lexington Michigan...

Wondering if anyone has heard about a repeat?? And can you pass the info along??
    I got fabric.... Now I need time .
    Theresa

She had posted that the camp was booked for November 9, 10, & 11. But since that, no more information.
    Jean in MI

Blog Entries
    My neighbor went last year and had a blast. I wasn't sure how I'd do with my fibromyalgia and arthritis and she did say the beds weren't the most comfortable but were ok. I think I'd like to try it this year if she goes again.
    Life's More Fun with a Doxie !!
    ​Have a Great Day !
    Vicki G
    https://www.facebook.com/vickigdesigns
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/VickiGDesigns

Vicki. Your neighbors and I did have so much fun... I'm hoping to repeat. They were working on the bed situation last year and likely made some upgrades.

And - I know that I won't snore anyone out of the rooms this year - as I have started using a Bi-Pap machine. Very quiet.
    Theresa

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehoeta View Post
    Vicki. Your neighbors and I did have so much fun... I'm hoping to repeat. They were working on the bed situation last year and likely made some upgrades.

And - I know that I won't snore anyone out of the rooms this year - as I have started using a Bi-Pap machine. Very quiet.
    LOL - Kathy and Faye did have fun and I was sorry I didn't try last year. I used to snore until I had my nose fixed then had weightloss surgery and lost almost 100#. I no longer snore and no longer need my Cpap machine. I think my nose had more to do with the snoring than the weight. Apparently, I had a deviated septum since I was a kid and snored then and wasn't overweight (maybe even a little anorexic as a teen) so something to think about.
    Life's More Fun with a Doxie !!
    ​Have a Great Day !
    Vicki G
    https://www.facebook.com/vickigdesigns
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/VickiGDesigns

Blog Entries
    I would like to attend for a day, but not sure about any over night .........calla

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vickig626 View Post
    My neighbor went last year and had a blast. I wasn't sure how I'd do with my fibromyalgia and arthritis and she did say the beds weren't the most comfortable but were ok. I think I'd like to try it this year if she goes again.
    The beds were campers bunk beds and did have regular mattress on them but if you brought a piece of foam or a sleeping bag to sleep on you might be more comfortable. We had such a blast last year, there are five of us in my group that are returning this year. I sure hope you can go. Also there is a Bed & Breakfast just down the road from the camp if that would be more comfortable for you. I have no idea what their prices are.
    Happy Quilting
    Judy in Lower Michigan

Hi ladies, The retreat is Nov 16-18 this year and $135. I can post the link on Friday after I get home from our vacation. I am trying a sleeping bag this year on the bed. My sister and I will see you there. Diane

YEAH!!! I'm looking forward to it.
    Theresa

pm buslady or send email to [email protected] for all the info you need for the retreat. Diane

Blog Entries
    I am soooooo sew sorry, I missed this posting. Diane is correct. It is the weekend of the 16-18th this year. $135 includes food and lodging. I have had some requests about day use only and will see what I can come up with for those that would like that option. There is an issue with Sisters vendoring, though Deb said she would work something out. God Bless her, I really want this all to work. The camp changed the date and I didn't realize it until too late to fix it. I have moved from my home of 30 years and it has taken a toll on my both physically and mentally. But it is all good. I now live just a few miles down the road from the camp!! And I LOVE it!!! Please email me with any questions, problems, suggestions, etc. I will subscribe to this thread so will begin to get info when it is posted to. Onalee [email protected]
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

I am sorry I will have to miss this again this year. Maybe I can try for the next one. LOL
    Jean in MI

Blog Entries
    I am so sorry to hear that Jean, I hope everyone is healthy.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."