Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Huron Quilt Retreat - Are we repeating last years?? >

Huron Quilt Retreat - Are we repeating last years??

Huron Quilt Retreat - Are we repeating last years??

Old 08-15-2012, 06:27 AM

Default Huron Quilt Retreat - Are we repeating last years??

Last fall we had a fabulous quilt retreat put on by Onalee with the help of her family and friends at a camp in Lexington Michigan...

Wondering if anyone has heard about a repeat?? And can you pass the info along??
Old 08-15-2012, 05:43 PM

She had posted that the camp was booked for November 9, 10, & 11. But since that, no more information.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:43 AM

My neighbor went last year and had a blast. I wasn't sure how I'd do with my fibromyalgia and arthritis and she did say the beds weren't the most comfortable but were ok. I think I'd like to try it this year if she goes again.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:10 PM

Vicki. Your neighbors and I did have so much fun... I'm hoping to repeat. They were working on the bed situation last year and likely made some upgrades.

And - I know that I won't snore anyone out of the rooms this year - as I have started using a Bi-Pap machine. Very quiet.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by Kehoeta View Post
Vicki. Your neighbors and I did have so much fun... I'm hoping to repeat. They were working on the bed situation last year and likely made some upgrades.

And - I know that I won't snore anyone out of the rooms this year - as I have started using a Bi-Pap machine. Very quiet.
LOL - Kathy and Faye did have fun and I was sorry I didn't try last year. I used to snore until I had my nose fixed then had weightloss surgery and lost almost 100#. I no longer snore and no longer need my Cpap machine. I think my nose had more to do with the snoring than the weight. Apparently, I had a deviated septum since I was a kid and snored then and wasn't overweight (maybe even a little anorexic as a teen) so something to think about.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:50 AM

I would like to attend for a day, but not sure about any over night .........calla
Old 08-18-2012, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by vickig626 View Post
My neighbor went last year and had a blast. I wasn't sure how I'd do with my fibromyalgia and arthritis and she did say the beds weren't the most comfortable but were ok. I think I'd like to try it this year if she goes again.
The beds were campers bunk beds and did have regular mattress on them but if you brought a piece of foam or a sleeping bag to sleep on you might be more comfortable. We had such a blast last year, there are five of us in my group that are returning this year. I sure hope you can go. Also there is a Bed & Breakfast just down the road from the camp if that would be more comfortable for you. I have no idea what their prices are.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:29 PM

Hi ladies, The retreat is Nov 16-18 this year and $135. I can post the link on Friday after I get home from our vacation. I am trying a sleeping bag this year on the bed. My sister and I will see you there. Diane
Old 09-26-2012, 05:40 AM

YEAH!!! I'm looking forward to it.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:03 PM

pm buslady or send email to [email protected] for all the info you need for the retreat. Diane