Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: International Quilt Festival- Cincinnati, OH- April 11-13, 2013

International Quilt Festival- Cincinnati, OH- April 11-13, 2013

Is anyone heading to Cincy for this show? It's about two hours away for me, but I am thinking about sweet talking my hubby into taking me.

http://www.quilts.com/home/index.php

Has anyone ever been? Any tips for a newbie?
    The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow. Do good anyway.

Boomerangs and BOM Blocks: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...19-albums.html

I am going. Comfy shoes, and lots of time to look! I look and take notes the first day, and go back the next day for those things I want! If you are looking for sewing machines, there are usually great deals on the classroom machines. Always ask about them! Just remember, have fun!
    Chrystina
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning.., Satan shudders & says ..."Oh no....she's awake"

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ChrystinapCreations

Blog Entries
    I have gone. Great fun. Yes wear comfy shoes, there is a lot to see. Also bring a shopping bag to carry all of your purchases. I only had one day to spend there so I was there from open to close. I would like to have had more time to see all of the beautiful quilts but ran out of time. LAst year I met a fellow board member from Michigan there and we ate lunch together. I was planning on controlling my purchases because I am trying to work from my stash. HA HA right! I did really good for the first couple of hours, them I went nuts. I live just outside of Cincinnati so I can get there in about 30 minutes. There are also a lot of nice restaurants etc in Cinci. Enjoy.
    Pat

Blog Entries
    I am going to this will make my third time....yes comfy shoes and a big bag....
    I would really like to meet some of my friends from here...let me know if you want to meet.
    SO MUCH FUN.....GO, GO, GO......

I have gone the last couple of years. I really enjoy it. Lots of good classes, and some are two different days, so if you have a conflict with another class, you can still take it. The quilts are out of this world, and worth the trip just to see them. I have to miss this year because og hralth problems. Going to the Mountain Quilt fest in Pigeon Forge, TN. It is a lot smaller so I won't have as much walking. I was there about 5 years ago, and it is a really nice small show. Some pretty good classes too.

Blog Entries
    We will have to set up a meeting closer to the show. I enjoyed meeting a board member last year.

Is anyone going on Friday or Saturday who would like to meet up?

Blog Entries
    I am going on Saturday. I plan on being there all day. I would love to meet up with some people from the board. I loive in Fairfield, OH. It is about a 30 minute drive for me.
    Pat

I'm taking the bus trip from Dublin, Ohio on Saturday. Would love to meet up.

I'm coming on a bus of 40+ of us from my area on Saturday. I think I'll be overwhelmed to say the least. Question: I've been told to bring a small rolling suitcase/backpack - it this OK?
    Since I gain weight reading cookbooks, why can't I lose weight watching a fitness program?

I'm going on Saturday.
    Holly

Quote Originally Posted by Patti25314 View Post
    I'm coming on a bus of 40+ of us from my area on Saturday. I think I'll be overwhelmed to say the least. Question: I've been told to bring a small rolling suitcase/backpack - it this OK?
    There is a place where you can check your rolling bag but they won't let you take it into the main hall. I was there yesterday and there was a woman with a basket (yes, a wicker basket) strapped to her back. She was bumping into everybody in the booths. Don't know how they let her in with that.
    Really wanted to meet up with some of you on Saturday but my DD wanted to go and she can't go Sat because of other committments. She had Thursday afternoon off school so we went then. Loved the quilts and bought a lot of neat stuff. Didn't spent as much as last year - last year I bought a LA while I was there.

Looking forward to International Quilt Market in Portland, OR, in May
    http://www.oregonquilting.net
    I choose to give my life away for things that last forever