Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Looking for Quilt Shops in Cumberland, MD and Altoona, PA >

Looking for Quilt Shops in Cumberland, MD and Altoona, PA

Looking for Quilt Shops in Cumberland, MD and Altoona, PA

Old 06-01-2010, 03:42 PM

We are going on vacation and will be traveling through the above towns. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good shops in either of the areas.

Thanks in advance,
Jan
Old 06-01-2010, 04:58 PM

Hello Jan,

I live about 30 minutes from Altoona. There is new one in downtown Hollidaysburg. I will get the name for you and the address. Country Beefers in Martinsburg, I go ther often great quilt and gift shop. Google it for directions. In my hometown of Bedford there is Unique Stitches. She sells lots of Batiks. On the outside of Bedford about 12 miles out there is Sewing Solutions. Not a huge variety but an up and coming shop always adding more lines and fabric.

Nettie
Old 06-02-2010, 12:07 AM

My Father, his parents, and siblings (there were a bunch of them) lived in Altoona for many years. I return there from time to time to visit my Grandmothers grave and Dad's.

The last time I was there was April, 2001. That's when we put Dad to rest. The area is very beautiful...and sad.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by in2stitchin
My Father, his parents, and siblings (there were a bunch of them) lived in Altoona for many years. I return there from time to time to visit my Grandmothers grave and Dad's.

The last time I was there was April, 2001. That's when we put Dad to rest. The area is very beautiful...and sad.
Small world. I grew up in Altoona, PA. We moved away when I was 16. My grandparents are all buried there also. I still miss them.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:55 AM
Google Goddess

have fun on your trip and hope you find some quilt shops to visit
Old 06-06-2010, 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by Nettie
Hello Jan,

I live about 30 minutes from Altoona. There is new one in downtown Hollidaysburg. I will get the name for you and the address. Country Beefers in Martinsburg, I go ther often great quilt and gift shop. Google it for directions. In my hometown of Bedford there is Unique Stitches. She sells lots of Batiks. On the outside of Bedford about 12 miles out there is Sewing Solutions. Not a huge variety but an up and coming shop always adding more lines and fabric.

Nettie
That would be great! I hope to hit a couple of shops on our trip, but most of the time we will be up in the mountains. I am just so excited about having a nice relaxing vacation.

Jan
Old 06-06-2010, 03:28 AM

I don't know what direction you will be traveling, but if you are going to Cumberland, and you go to LaVale, there is a very nice JoAnns there. Enjoy your trip. Pam
Old 06-06-2010, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by Joeysnana

Small world. I grew up in Altoona, PA. We moved away when I was 16. My grandparents are all buried there also. I still miss them.
I grew up in Indiana, PA! - my parents still live there.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by eeraemore
Originally Posted by Joeysnana

I grew up in Indiana, PA! - my parents still live there.
What a small world!
Old 10-17-2011, 05:22 PM

Hi Jan and Everyone,

We are going on The Garrett County Barn Quilt Tour and need help finding quilt stores in the following towns: Accident, Md, McHenry, Md, Oakland, Md, Deer Park, Md, Grantsville, Md, Frostburg, Md. We are not familiar with the area. Thanks,
Gee-gee