Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Another LQS Going Out of Business (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/another-lqs-going-out-business-t312774.html)

ILoveToQuilt 10-12-2020 03:27 PM

Another LQS Going Out of Business

Knight's up in York, ME is closing. Seems like New England is losing it's LQSs. Keepsake earlier this year, now Knight's. So sad. I really dislike fabric shopping on the internet (I like to touch the fabric before I buy), but there are fewer LQS around here now. Big box stores? Probably going to be the only places to "touch" before I buy.

sewbizgirl 10-12-2020 08:52 PM

Keepsake is gone???! No more catalog or online sales either? Wow. They have been around forever and were a staple of the quilting world.

IceLeopard 10-12-2020 09:01 PM

Keepsakes website is still up and running. Their only Covid message is about delays in shipping due to reduced staff and delays caused by orders not being filled.

jmoore 10-13-2020 03:56 AM

That is sad to hear...I worry about one of my LQS close to me that has not reopened its doors since Covid but does continue to offer online shopping. I personally rather like to touch and feel fabric. : (

SallyS 10-13-2020 09:51 AM

We are losing quilt shops all over the country. I live in Southern California and know major, wonderful quilt shops have closed here, too.

redbreast 10-13-2020 10:45 AM

I had to idea that Keepsake was gone. They are still online. I haven't ordered from them for a while but there was no indication that they could not fulfill the order. But I guess you are in the right area to know more than us in the Midwest. So sad!
But practically every day we hear of another LQS closing. I have tried ordering online but it is not nearly as much fun as a trip to the Quilt store. Any good idea of how to replace a trip to the quilt store for a fun day?

kwendt 10-14-2020 04:24 PM

Keepsake ONLINE is still open

Hey everybody just a point of clarification: the Keepsake ‘in person store‘ in New Hampshire Closed in February. Their online store at keepsakequilting.com is still thriving. And this morning when I spoke to somebody at the company, they told me they’re making plans to open another in person store in North Carolina before the end of the year depending on what Covid does. (I am not affiliated with KQ other than having ordered fabric from them once.) Yes, I agree with you all... let’s help keep our LQS’s open if we can.

sewingpup 10-17-2020 06:03 AM

The quilt shops near me are still open...but limit the number of customers in the store at one time and everyone has to wear a mask. they are also doing more online including classes with zoom and other social media. They have had a problem keeping machines and stuff in stock but are still hanging in there....one even opened another store during covid. There is one shop that still is doing something although it doesn't have any posted hours. This one was in the process of being sold when covid hit as the owners were in their 70's. The new owner is apparently not very tech savy but I hear has been opening for shopping by appointment. I fortunately have enough stash and supplies to keep me going for a few more years at least. I did just order a ruler foot for my Bernina and a couple of rulers for something new to do this winter....yikes....the ground up here is now covered with snow and I still have a few yard things to put away and was going to rake leaves to cover my rhubarb plants...oops...hope this snow melts...but I dunna know...it is coming down pretty fast.

juliasb 10-17-2020 06:23 AM

The closest LQS to me is about 20 miles and it just re-opened on Oct 5th. We lost the one closer to me several years ago -:( . I went to the re-grand opening with my sister. The store was great. I do miss the stores that were closer. You are right we are losing way to many LQS.

ILoveToQuilt 10-20-2020 06:00 PM

Oops, my bad. (I hate that expression, but it fits). I didn't specify that the Keepsake website is up and running. I should have clarified that it was the actual brick and mortar store in NH that closed in February. So sorry for the confusion! My apologies. I wish Keepsake would consider reopening their NH store.