Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Any quilters from northern illinois interested in going on a retreat together (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/any-quilters-northern-illinois-interested-going-retreat-together-t175087.html)

gobygramps5 01-10-2012 01:56 AM

Any quilters from northern illinois interested in going on a retreat together

Really want to go on a retreat! Just wondering if there are any other quilters from northern Illinois who would be interested in getting together this spring or summer and go on a retreat?

c joyce 01-10-2012 11:28 AM

Sounds like a good plan to me.
Keep me advised.

peppermint31 01-11-2012 07:40 AM

NE Illinois I would consider. I am in eastern Iowa. Where is Manhattan, Il?

gardnergal970 01-11-2012 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by gobygramps5 (Post 4860230)
Really want to go on a retreat! Just wondering if there are any other quilters from northern Illinois who would be interested in getting together this spring or summer and go on a retreat?

You might consider the Threads of Time in Danville, Il for a site. It has great area for sewing with large cutting tables and design walls, kitchens for cooking if you wish, and the store is just down the hall if you need anything. Check them out on line...www.threadsoftimefab.com

christinetindell 01-11-2012 03:28 PM

Sorry, I'm going on my annual retreat two weeks from tomorrow. And again in August with my sister. If you want to something closer to the Chicago area for a day I would be interested in joining you if I'm available.

quilter309 01-12-2012 04:35 AM

Have you checked with the Quilt Shop in Princeton (? Garden) to see if they have retreats? Also, I think Peddler's Way in the Peoria area has retreats. I would recommend Kinderhook Lodge in Kinderhook, IL. They would be about four hours from you, but their facilities are great! And they are close to the Hickory Stick Quilt Shop in Hannibal.

Good Luck!
quilter 309

Mary Bird 01-12-2012 06:05 AM

Marvy Retreat in Danville IL

I 'host' a retreat at Threads of Time every month, for about a week! We call it 'Quirky Quilters', 'cause we just love to spend time together sewing and eating (sometimes we sleep in the individually heat/ac controlled bedrooms for three ladies each). If you'd like to try it for a day, or two, or more, just sign up! You can check out our dates on the retreat calendar site, call and sign up. Leave a credit card # to reserve a bed (you won't be charged 'til you check out). My email address is [email protected] if you'd like to contact me. I live in Champaign IL (transplant from Chicago and New York), which is about 40 minutes from retreat site.

bunbear64 01-12-2012 07:03 AM

i'd like to join in if not too far

i'm interested if it's not too far away. i'm in south central illinois, but willing and able to drive if the weather's cooperating.

BarbaraSue 01-12-2012 08:12 AM

I'm interested depending on the place and date. I have a DD who lives near Chicago, so I have visited a few shops there. quiltfabric.com has interesting classes and retreats. they are in Willowbrook.
just FYI--The Princeton shop- the Quilter's Garden- does have retreats. They are of a few who are sponsoring an Alaskan cruise in August for quilters. Peddler's Way may have retreats, I'm not sure. They have sew-ins on a regular basis I believe. Cozy Corner in Metamora did have a retreat center in the past and it has since been sold to a private individual. The Fabric Center in Morris has some interesting classes and sometimes has national people to teach. D's Sewing Center in Peru has interesting classes. I mentions these incase you are not familiar with these shops. Any may be able to provide information needed for a retreat. Update, the quilt shop in Ottawa has closed.

ffpln 01-12-2012 10:13 AM

wish i could . but i am going on a retreat in frankfort , il from top shelf quilts . if you want you can check to see if there are any openings . mary the owner sponsors 1 spring retreat and 2 fall retreats .