Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Anyone in Falls Church/DC Area (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/anyone-falls-church-dc-area-t78439.html)

Leota 11-24-2010 07:53 AM

Hello,
We're visiting our dd here in Falls Church, VA and was wondering if anyone lives in this area....would love to meet you and find LQS etc....
Leota

Dawn Hendrix 11-24-2010 07:54 AM

OO Leota.. I am 3.5 hrs away in NC straight up 95!.. Wish I had the time for a trip... Happy Thanksgiving!

mcar 11-25-2010 02:12 PM

There is a JoAnne's in Falls Church at Seven Corners -- rte 7.

There is The Artful Quilter in Burke VA that is a special place. Their advertising is on this website and you will find a map to this location.
The Artful Quilter
Northern VA's finest full service Quilt Shop
www.ArtfulQuilter.com

The Quilt Patch is in Fairfax, VA -- rte 236.

Kuiltbabe 11-26-2010 08:01 AM

I was just down in that area and my daughter took me to the Jinny Beyer studio. The address is 776F Walker Road, Great Falls, VA 886-759-7373. I had a blast!!

tlrnhi 11-27-2010 08:25 PM

I would love to meet up with you again for lunch or something, but you are 3+ hours from me. I have sooo much to do when I get back that I think hubby will be sleeping alone for a while since I will be doing some marathon sewing for Christmas. Then we pack up again to head back out here to Alabama for Christmas. We decided it would be better for us to come here instead of Lauren and Donny having to tote babies to us. Babies still dont' like their carseats, but are doing better. Flying is getting too expensive, so it's easier for us to come here.

Leota 11-28-2010 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
I would love to meet up with you again for lunch or something, but you are 3+ hours from me. I have sooo much to do when I get back that I think hubby will be sleeping alone for a while since I will be doing some marathon sewing for Christmas. Then we pack up again to head back out here to Alabama for Christmas. We decided it would be better for us to come here instead of Lauren and Donny having to tote babies to us. Babies still dont' like their carseats, but are doing better. Flying is getting too expensive, so it's easier for us to come here.

We would pay for mom to fly to us rather than us try to go to her when the girls were little... much easier and cheaper.

Leota 11-28-2010 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Kuiltbabe
I was just down in that area and my daughter took me to the Jinny Beyer studio. The address is 776F Walker Road, Great Falls, VA 886-759-7373. I had a blast!!

We ate Thanksgiving Dinner with our daughter's friend's house in Great Falls :D

tlrnhi 11-29-2010 09:41 AM

We paid for Lauren and the babies to come out here, which wasn't bad, but the prices for tickets are getting awful at the moment.
We pack back up and will leave out to Alabama again around the 20th, I think. Need to be there for babies 1st birthday

Leota 11-29-2010 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
We paid for Lauren and the babies to come out here, which wasn't bad, but the prices for tickets are getting awful at the moment.
We pack back up and will leave out to Alabama again around the 20th, I think. Need to be there for babies 1st birthday

Be sure to post pics :D All us Quilting Aunties and Uncles want to see our babies :D

Teresa 54 11-29-2010 01:27 PM

I was down in Fairfax VA over thanksgiving, quilted with a friend for 4 days, never made it outside! Oh - yes I did, to go to Carrabas!