Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Bus Trip to New England (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/bus-trip-new-england-t64997.html)

drdolly 09-16-2010 04:50 AM

Just so happy, to get to travel up the New England states. Me and 3 other girls from our guild are taking a bus guided tour. We get to stop at the Dear Jane museum, Keepsake quilting and few other quilt shops. We are leaving the 25th of Sept and returning back to Iowa on the 3rd. Can't wait. :)

raptureready 09-16-2010 05:23 AM

OOOOooooo, can you stop in Illinois and pick me up? Just kidding, I'm going to be in a retreat at Threads of Time during a lot of that time and also have an 11 yr old to take care of but it sounds like so much fun! I can't imagine actually getting to see the Jane. Take LOTS of pictures to post, have LOADS of fun, be SAFE and tell us all about it when you get back or take a laptop so that you can send us daily updates.

craftybear 09-16-2010 05:37 AM

that sounds like fun, what a cool trip and please take lots of pictures for us for show and tell

Originally Posted by drdolly
Just so happy, to get to travel up the New England states. Me and 3 other girls from our guild are taking a bus guided tour. We get to stop at the Dear Jane museum, Keepsake quilting and few other quilt shops. We are leaving the 25th of Sept and returning back to Iowa on the 3rd. Can't wait. :)

Joanie2 09-16-2010 07:44 AM

While you're having all that fun shopping, please take some pictures of the fall leaves. They are always so beautiful in New England. Having grown up in CT, I miss them. Of course we have some nice colors here in N. Calif but nothing compares to New England as far as I'm concerned. Have a great trip.

QBeth 09-16-2010 02:14 PM

Your trip should coincide nicely with the foliage! Enjoy!!

fmd36 09-18-2010 02:39 PM

Living here In New Hampshire , I say welcome. Days are in the 60's and evenings in the 40's. We live in the lakes region and haven't seen much change in color yet. If you are going further north , you should get some. I live about 45 mins, from Keepsake....have fun.

sleepykid 09-18-2010 03:40 PM

waht bus tour are you taking? I work at Knights Quilt Shop in Maine and i bet that your on one of the buses thats going to arrive in the next couple of weeks

drdolly 09-19-2010 05:55 AM

it is called the Sew Great Tours. Couple of our stops will be Keepsake Quilting, Martha's Vineyard, Lowell Quilt Museum, boy I can hardly wait. Need long awaited vacation.

mama's place 09-19-2010 06:05 AM

fMD36,

Alabama is now in the high 90s with almost 70 overnight and we are needing rain here. Looks like a brown fall for us this year. B

fmd36 09-19-2010 01:06 PM

Oh yes, be sure to enjoy our SALES TAX FREE shopping. Bring a light jacket for evenings out. And have a great time. Do you plan to go to Marden's...I have yet to go there but understand it is not to be missed.