Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Dallas guild quilt show March 11-13! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/dallas-guild-quilt-show-march-11-13-a-t103306.html)

jaciqltznok 02-26-2011 02:02 PM

Is anyone from QB planning on attending this show?

I am hoping to be there all day Sat. if not Friday and Sat. Depends on if I can find a hotel close by as I hate to drive around Dallas!

Would love to meet up any QBer's!

greensleeves 02-26-2011 03:26 PM

A friend and I have attended for the past 5 years and always enjoy the show. We are going on Friday but will spend Saturday shopping around town. We always eat at the food court, crepes-yum, so maybe we could meet with anyone who will be there at lunch. Keep posting an update as we get closer to show time. thanks!

jolo 02-27-2011 07:23 AM

Dont know yet if I can make it there. DD is coming up from Fla. and I dont know which weekend she will be here,plus Rispiratory problems,so will have to see what the weather is like also

clapperj 02-27-2011 10:36 AM

HI, I am new to this forum but could help but respond to the question of the Dallas Quilt Show. When I moved to Texas this was won of the first exploration trips I made to Dallas. I talked my sister into going and now it is a yearly pilgrimage for us. The quilts are fantastic but I think we only go for the California and Monkey crepes.

Crafty Nana 02-27-2011 11:51 AM

There was another post where the Dallas Quilt show was discussed and I think there were quite a few that were going to try to meet. I was going on Saturday, but the son of one of my best friends is getting married that day, so hubby and I will go on Sunday. I hate to wait until Sunday, but I already bought the tickets and now that's the only day we can attend.

jaciqltznok 02-27-2011 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by clapperj
HI, I am new to this forum but could help but respond to the question of the Dallas Quilt Show. When I moved to Texas this was won of the first exploration trips I made to Dallas. I talked my sister into going and now it is a yearly pilgrimage for us. The quilts are fantastic but I think we only go for the California and Monkey crepes.

welcome to your NEW addiction...the forum..ehhehe
I ate the crepes there once, but sister and I have both had weight loss surgery so we bring our own food now...still have a hard time finding someplace to sit and eat though!

clapperj 02-27-2011 01:45 PM

We are planning on going Sunday. Maybe we'll see you there.

hollyberry 02-27-2011 05:22 PM

I am planning to attend on Friday, March 11th if I can get the day off, if not I will go on Saturday.

jaciqltznok 02-27-2011 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by hollyberry
I am planning to attend on Friday, March 11th if I can get the day off, if not I will go on Saturday.

oh I hope you go SAT....we all need to wear BEE name tags!

GGinMcKinney 02-27-2011 05:39 PM

Need photo/tutorial for name tags as a newbie I am not familiar with the "bee".
I usually go on Friday and tell no one, shhhh. Then Sat. I take friends or meet friends. I do most of my shopping on Sat. after confirming with a quilting buddy that it is something I need.
I love the Dallas show. Sometimes folks from Oklahoma drive in and meet me on Sat. Popular quilt show.
Usually take snacks and some lunch in case lines are too long. I get seats while others go thru line. Never knew they had crepes. Really, crepes??