Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Fabric Warehouse, Warren, MI (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/fabric-warehouse-warren-mi-t177556.html)

ragamuffin 01-30-2012 12:23 PM

Fabric Warehouse, Warren, MI

How many of you have been to the Fabric Warehouse in Warren, Michigan? I keep getting the emails from them and everything is 50% off tomorrow but I live in DE. If you have been there, did you find any good quilting fabric, 100% cotton? I may travel thru that area this summer and I just wonder if it is worth stopping? I am hoping for good replys because we all need a "bargain" place to go to once in a while. Thanks

Steady Stiching 01-31-2012 05:26 AM

Good Morning Ragamuffin, I have been to the Fabric Warehouse in Warren. Its a fun store, not overly large and not one speck of quilting cottons. It is mostly end rolls of upholstery fabric at deep discounts 3-5.00 per yard. They have a nice selection. There were two warehouses one on the East side and one on the West side of Detroit but the west side one folded two years ago. That was the one I frequented. Warren is a good hour from me now but if I was going to upholster something I'd drive out there for sure again. Last time I was there was last summer. They have some uphostery trim too. Not as deeply discounted. I would not drive out of my way considering the price of gas. You say you live in DE, does that mean detroit or delaware? You should go just to pet the fabrics if you live in Detroit.

Everose 01-31-2012 07:13 AM

Morning Ladies, there is a Fabric Warehouse in Jamestown, ND. I have been there many times. It has a large range of everything. Have bought many yards of fun fabric for projects.

judykay 01-31-2012 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by ragamuffin (Post 4926035)
How many of you have been to the Fabric Warehouse in Warren, Michigan? I keep getting the emails from them and everything is 50% off tomorrow but I live in DE. If you have been there, did you find any good quilting fabric, 100% cotton? I may travel thru that area this summer and I just wonder if it is worth stopping? I am hoping for good replys because we all need a "bargain" place to go to once in a while. Thanks

I do not live far from Warren, where in Warren is it ? I have never heard of it.

Jo M 01-31-2012 08:31 AM

Thanks for letting us know that there are no quilting cottons there. I've often thought of making a side trip to that shop the next time I'm anywhere near it. I won't bother now....unless I'm going to upholster something. :o)

Originally Posted by Steady Stiching (Post 4928085)
Good Morning Ragamuffin, I have been to the Fabric Warehouse in Warren. Its a fun store, not overly large and not one speck of quilting cottons. It is mostly end rolls of upholstery fabric at deep discounts 3-5.00 per yard. They have a nice selection. There were two warehouses one on the East side and one on the West side of Detroit but the west side one folded two years ago. That was the one I frequented. Warren is a good hour from me now but if I was going to upholster something I'd drive out there for sure again. Last time I was there was last summer. They have some uphostery trim too. Not as deeply discounted. I would not drive out of my way considering the price of gas. You say you live in DE, does that mean detroit or delaware? You should go just to pet the fabrics if you live in Detroit.

thrums 01-31-2012 08:53 AM

Thanks for the info. Does anyone know of deep discount warehouses in MI that offer quality cottons?

ragamuffin 01-31-2012 08:37 PM

The address for Fabric Warehouse is: 1993 Tobsal Ct., Warren, Michigan 48091

I do live in Delaware. Thanks so much for your reply.

marymay 02-01-2012 05:58 AM

Do they have a web site. Been trying to find.Does anyone know this?

thrums 02-02-2012 10:53 AM

http://www.fabricwarehouseonline.com/

quilter1942 02-02-2012 11:17 AM

I don`t know if it is still there,but I went with my DD to Mill Ends in Fargo,ND,really loved that place.