Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Garnett, KS discount quilt fabric place (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/garnett-ks-discount-quilt-fabric-place-t66171.html)

jswalleye 09-22-2010 07:29 AM

Does anybody know the name of a place like that in Garnett, KS. I am in the area and would like to find it or a place like it. Thanks. Teresa

Scissor Queen 09-22-2010 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by jswalleye
Does anybody know the name of a place like that in Garnett, KS. I am in the area and would like to find it or a place like it. Thanks. Teresa

A quick search found "Country Fabrics" at 108 E 5th Ave, Garnett, KS. The listing doesn't say they have discount fabric though.

jswalleye 09-22-2010 08:03 AM

Yes, I found that too. Love searching. I will call them and also hope to hear back from the gal who answered me back about places around De Soto, KS which is where I am. Any other good places to go? Went to Sarah's in Lawrence, KS twice already. Prices are premium, but if you like contemporary fabric and designers, it is paradise!! Really big too. Thanks. Teresa

Scissor Queen 09-22-2010 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by jswalleye
Yes, I found that too. Love searching. I will call them and also hope to hear back from the gal who answered me back about places around De Soto, KS which is where I am. Any other good places to go? Went to Sarah's in Lawrence, KS twice already. Prices are premium, but if you like contemporary fabric and designers, it is paradise!! Really big too. Thanks. Teresa

The only place in Kansas that may have discount fabric is Alden but it's in the middle of the state. You'll probably find sale fabric at most quilt stores. I know the store in Scott City has a whole rack of fabric at 3.50 a yard or 3.00 if you buy the whole bolt.

janiesews 09-24-2010 05:42 AM

It is on the south side of the square in Garnett. I live south of there (30 miles) and I told them in the store that the address on the internet isn't correct. Hope you found it. Her fat quarters are $1.25, lots of bolts and flat folds.

jswalleye 09-24-2010 05:45 AM

Yes, I found it yesterday. Told her about finding it from the Quilting Board. She was impressed. Glad I got there when I did, in the next couple of weeks they are going to start selling on the internet. I spent $100 and got lots off goodies!!

quiltinggolfer 09-24-2010 08:02 AM

On Wed thru Sat there is a great place just south of Garnett
about 15 minutes, call Prices Fabrics. Not listed online I do
not think. But very very good prices, even better than
Garnet which is great! Prices is in there home, which is a
set up for the shop. He repairs machines and specializes
in Featherweights. They have been in business for over
20 years.

Also there is Heavenly Kneads & Threads in Humboldt, Ks
which is probably 30 miles from Garnett. Very nice LQS
located on the square.

Love both places and Garnett to, but I live in the area!

jswalleye 09-24-2010 08:29 AM

Thanks, I'll remember those for the next time we come. It was quite a drive from where we are (De Soto) to Garnett yesterday - about 1 hour and 15 minutes, but I did enjoy Country Fabrics, and next time I will maybe check out the other 2. Teresa