Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Going to Austin, Texas in October (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/going-austin-texas-october-t198835.html)

cpower 08-30-2012 10:35 AM

Wow! I didn't know so many of you lived so close to me!!! I live out at Canyon Lake and travel into Austin almost once a month to Sew Much More for their monthly classes!! I love Creations in Fredericksburg, haven't tried the Drippin store yet, have to put it on the list to stop at!! I will be at the Austin Quilt Show, in the Oliso booth...stop by and see me. I would love to meet any and all of you, smiling face to smiling face!!!

cpower 08-30-2012 10:36 AM

Creations is in Kerrville....I am blonde...and I do get lost occasionally!!! :)

dotcomdtcm 08-30-2012 06:29 PM

I will be in Austin Oct 5-10 & Fredericksburg Oct 11-12. We rented a house on Aerb&b in Austin & are trying to figure out where to stay in Fredericksburg. I have a very small stash so I can go shopping!!

dotcomdtcm 08-31-2012 07:44 AM

Okay, here's the plan.
Pot luck lunch, 1 pm, Zilker neighborhood.
Meet me & Deb/Miss Gigglewings.
rsvp via pm for address, etc

missgigglewings 08-31-2012 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by cpower (Post 5479260)
Wow! I didn't know so many of you lived so close to me!!! I live out at Canyon Lake and travel into Austin almost once a month to Sew Much More for their monthly classes!! I love Creations in Fredericksburg, haven't tried the Drippin store yet, have to put it on the list to stop at!! I will be at the Austin Quilt Show, in the Oliso booth...stop by and see me. I would love to meet any and all of you, smiling face to smiling face!!!

hello neighbor...I own a home in Canyon Lake..don't live there, but rent it out. Too far from anything for me! I live in Schertz...close enough! Hope to see you in Austin....if not maybe we can get together and go to the Quilt Haus in New Braunfels someday!

Linda58 09-01-2012 07:56 AM

What is the date Dotty?

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm (Post 5481172)
Okay, here's the plan.
Pot luck lunch, 1 pm, Zilker neighborhood.
Meet me & Deb/Miss Gigglewings.
rsvp via pm for address, etc

missgigglewings 09-01-2012 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Linda58 (Post 5483323)
What is the date Dotty?

As per Dottie's post:
Sunday, Oct 7?
I'll be there Oct 6-11 & then going to Fredericksburg for 2 days
Would be fun to meet!

sure hope you can make it! It looks like we are doing a pot luck at Dottie's rental house on Sunday the 7th..after church (1pm).

Barbie 09-06-2012 03:40 PM

Don't forget to stop at Poppy's Quilt and Sew in Georgetown on Williams Drive. Georgetown is just North of Round Rock on I 35. Just up the road from Austin. They have just moved into a new, larger store.

Barbie

Neesie 09-06-2012 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Barbie (Post 5495847)
Don't forget to stop at Poppy's Quilt and Sew in Georgetown on Williams Drive. Georgetown is just North of Round Rock on I 35. Just up the road from Austin. They have just moved into a new, larger store.

Barbie

Do you know the new address, by any chance? Last time I tried to visit the shop on Williams Dr. it was closed (no sign or any indication of why).

quiltingdragon 09-08-2012 08:50 PM

Check out Honey Bee Quilts when you are in Austin!