Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Going to Houston for International Quilt Fest!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/going-houston-international-quilt-fest-t306117.html)

quiltingshorttimer 08-03-2019 05:56 PM

Going to Houston for International Quilt Fest!!

so excited, a few days ago I asked DH if he would be interested in going to Houston for the International Quilt Fest. He said, "since you made me go to the National Quilt Museum when we visited Padacuh, yeah, I'd go". shocked me but I didn't wait for him to reconsider--got the flight reservations and hotel rooms tonight. We are going to fly down early Thurs and then back late Sat. So it will be a quick visit and I know most people say 3 days are needed at the quilt show. But I'm not taking classes and maybe with less time I won't be spending as much at the vendors!

cashs_mom 08-03-2019 06:14 PM

Congrats on deciding to come to Quilt Fest. I live here so I go every year and it really is phenomenal. You'll have a great time. If you DH doesn't want to got Quilt Fest every day with you, there are lots of other things to do in Houston.

Lots of folks here have been to Festival so if you have any questions, just ask.

NZquilter 08-03-2019 09:16 PM

So exciting for you!

toverly 08-04-2019 07:01 AM

That's so much fun, I'd love to take DH one day so he could see the quilts. I think 3 days is enough since you are not taking classes. Of course, I would spend 2 in the vendor area. Have an awesome time!

The Quilted Cottage 08-06-2019 09:43 AM

Congrats! I am going, as well. This will be my first time and I am taking a couple of longarm classes and a seminar.

I hope we both have a great time!

pocoellie 08-06-2019 05:11 PM

I hope you both have fun. Me, no way would I go anywhere there's that many people. I find a group of 10 too many. LOL

csstexas 10-28-2019 10:22 AM

It will be great fun! There is so much to see and do there! For many quilters this is a " Bucket List" item.

quiltingshorttimer 10-28-2019 06:06 PM

getting so excited! And wouldn't you know it that KC is expecting freezing temps and rain/snow Wed night and our flight to Houston leaves very early Thurs. morning--and we live about 90min from the airport! So we decided tonight to get a room right near the airport and go up Wed night after work to a motel that will transport us to the airport bright and early!

Colorado Quilter 10-29-2019 03:05 AM

Good luck to everyone traveling this week to Houston. I leave first thing tomorrow morning and Denver is supposed to have a lot of snow and very cold temperatures. Hopefully I will be able to get to Denver then on to Houston! It's been so cold here it will be quite a shock to go from single digit temperatures to 70's and 80's.

cashs_mom 10-30-2019 10:33 AM

I'm getting really excited! I"m planning to go to Quilt Fest on Friday, Saturday and Sunday providing my ankle doesn't give me problems. I can hardly wait!