Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Has anyone read the Jo Morton letters in Quilter's Home Mag? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/has-anyone-read-jo-morton-letters-quilters-home-mag-t93508.html)

Corky 01-24-2011 01:29 PM

Have any of you read the Jo Morton letters in the past two issues of Quilter's Home magazine?

What do you think?

I was shocked and I think she made a terrible PR move in being so outspoken.

Opinions?

pookie ookie 01-24-2011 01:30 PM

I'm clueless. Please explain the context or provide a link.

Corky 01-24-2011 01:32 PM

Not sure if there is a link. Its a magazine.

Anyway, she blasted quilt guilds and really came off as being jaded and bitter.

Now, every time I look at my Jo Morton fabrics I think of her as not being a nice person.

I think it may bite her in the pocket book in the months to come.

Originally Posted by pookie ookie
I'm clueless. Please explain the context or provide a link.

Murphy 01-24-2011 01:33 PM

Haven't seen anything. Is there, perhaps, an online link to something?

greensleeves 01-24-2011 01:37 PM

Sometimes its better to keep quiet and let a topic go away but she chose to "defend" herself and didn't quite get there. JMHO. I enjoy reading Quilter's Home.

pdcakm 01-24-2011 01:38 PM

i have not seen the letter but i know this mag is known for trying to stir things up. they love to be controversial. i am sure they printed her comments for just that purpose.

Corky 01-24-2011 01:38 PM

Can't find a link and don't think I can post a scan of the interview. Probably not allowed. I will post a excerpt though.

Originally Posted by Murphy
Haven't seen anything. Is there, perhaps, an online link to something?

Corky 01-24-2011 01:42 PM

They printed her letters because she wrote to them and intended for them to be printed. I love that mag, and you are right, they are not afraid of stirring up things. I worked in a community college system for over 20 years and the admin was afraid of their own shadows, got pretty sick of the whole overly cautious policies.

Jo Morton, in my 'not so humble' opinion, should have slept on her thoughts a bit before blasting quilt guilds. Or at least should have tempered her comments with some positive points.

I'm just saying.........

Originally Posted by pdcakm
i have not seen the letter but i know this mag is known for trying to stir things up. they love to be controversial. i am sure they printed her comments for just that purpose.

pookie ookie 01-24-2011 01:55 PM

Oh, boy. I agree. In business, it's best to hold your tongue.

There are two designers I don't support. One for her stupidity and the other because she said something offensive to me in a personal conversation. So, I know when you've branded yourself in association with a product that it's possible to offend some folks and lose their purchasing power for a while or maybe even forever.

I'm not sure what Jo said but I don't think that complaining about guilds would be damaging in a widespread fashion. I might be wrong. Am I?

Corky 01-24-2011 02:03 PM

She admitted that she is bitter.

Originally Posted by pookie ookie
Oh, boy. I agree. In business, it's best to hold your tongue.

There are two designers I don't support. One for her stupidity and the other because she said something offensive to me in a personal conversation. So, I know when you've branded yourself in association with a product that it's possible to offend some folks and lose their purchasing power for a while or maybe even forever.

I'm not sure what Jo said but I don't think that complaining about guilds would be damaging in a widespread fashion. I might be wrong. Am I?